Appletun is a dual-type Grass/Dragon Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. It evolves from Applin when exposed to a Sweet Apple. It is one of Applin’s final forms, the other being Flapple. Appletun has a Gigantamax form. Take a look below for 28 awesome and fun facts about Appletun.
1. Appletun is a dragon like Pokemon inhabiting a body reminiscent of apple pie.
2. Its body is mostly green with a yellow underside and lower jaw.
3. It has a piece of an apple on its head worn as a helmet.
4. Its eyes usually droop down from under the apple helmet as though they were ears, but may be lifted up to reveal leaf-like eyestalks holding small beady eyes.
5. It has black slits for nostrils on the tip of its muzzle.
6. It has a large hump on its back with a several overlapping stripes that resemble an apple pie’s crust.
7. It has red and green leaves on the top of its pie-like back.
8. It has short, bulky legs with paws, and a stout tail.
9. Appletun produces a nectar-like scent which attracts Bug-type Pokémon, which it preys on.
10. Its body is caked in sweet nectar, which gets thicker when exposed to Gigantamax energy.
11. The skin on is back is said to be tasty, and children used to eat it as a snack.
12. When Appletun get exposed to Gigantamax energy, they change into the shape of a giant apple with a green dragon-like Pokémon inside.
13. Its leaf-like eyestalks stand up straight and it has the top of the apple on its head with yellow carvings on the apple resembling nostrils.
14. Its previously stout tail is elongated and wraps around the base of the apple.
15. The Pokémon has rounded cheeks and hangs its mouth open letting a red tongue hang out of its mouth.
16. Three red clouds float around the neck.
17. The sweet nectar that covers its body increases in thickness, allowing it to absorb more damage than normal.
18. It can shoot out nectar, enough to be able drown its opponents in the blast of nectar.
19. Appletun is the only known Pokémon capable of using the move Apple Acid and the exclusive G-Max Move G-Max Sweetness.
20. Appletun and Flapple are the only Pokémon to have physically identical Gigantamax forms, although they are still treated as different Pokémon as they have distinct Pokédex entries and G-Max Moves.
21. Appletun and its evolutionary family are the only Pokémon that are in the Grass and Dragon Egg Groups.
22. Appletun may be based on Ladon, a dragon from Greek mythology that guards the golden apples in the Garden of the Hesperides.
23. It may also draw inspiration from the biblical serpents, sometimes referred to as dragons, one of which persuades Eve to eat from the forbidden fruit of the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil, most of the times depicted as an apple.
24. Appletun may also be based on the tale of Bel and the Dragon, about a dragon that bursts open after being fed a cake.
25. It may also be inspired by apple pies and tortoises.
26. Its Gigantamax form appears to be based on a caramel apple.
27. Appletun may be derived from Appleton, a toponym that means “an orchard” or “place where apples grow”. Appletun may also be a combination of apple and ton (referencing its bulk). It may also be a play on apple turnover.
28. Appletun made its debut in the Sword & Shield chapter. It appeared in the Slumbering Weald during a flashback.