Centiskorch is a dual-type Fire/Bug Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. It evolves from Sizzlipede starting at level 28. Centiskorch has a Gigantamax form. Take a look below for 26 interesting and awesome facts about Centiskorch.
1. Centiskorch is a flat, centipede like Pokemon.
2. It is red, with yellow and orange-ish circles alongside each section and the opposite side, all of the legs and the mandible being a darker shade of red.
3. The head has an orange mark in the shape of an exclamation mark on the top, two bright yellow eyes with triangular red pupils and orange-ish flames, simulating antennae.
4. Its telson at the end is also made out of flames.
5. Centiskorch creates flammable gas through fermenting the food in its body, and then burns these gases through the heat-generating organs along its underside.
6. This results in overflowing flames emerging from the antennae on either end of its body.
7. Centiskorch’s flames can reach up to almost 1,500 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Due to its violent and belligerent nature, it will attack anything that comes near it.
9. When in battle, Centiskorch will rear up and use its long, hot body to attack, either slamming into opponents with the searing organs on its belly or constricting them with its body.
10. Scolipede is a natural predator or prey of Centiskorch depending on who wins the territorial fight.
11. When Gigantamaxed, the number of segments and legs on Centiskorch’s body increases, with a total of one hundred legs, allowing Centiskorch to move incredibly fast despite its immense size.
12. The underside of its body turns into yellow with light-yellow circles inside each section of its body.
13. The flames from its head and telson are larger and longer and have a lighter part at the center, similar to a “X”.
14. There are small diamond shapes that dot the topside of its body periodically and it retains the exclamation mark on the top of its head with red and white lines creating its eyes with yellow iris.
15. Three red clouds float above its telson.
16. Its firepower also increases, resulting in its internal temperature exceeding 1,800 degrees Fahrenheit.
17. The heat waves coming off of Centiskorch are hot enough to burn opponents and disturb the air currents to the point of causing storms to form.
18. Gigantamax Centiskorch is the only known Pokémon capable of using the exclusive G-Max Move G-Max Centiferno.
19. Centiskorch is the tallest Bug-type Pokémon.
20. Centiskorch has the tallest Gigantamax form.
21. Centiskorch was designed by James Turner.
22. Despite the Scolipede and Centiskorch evolutionary families living in different parts of the Galar region, both Venipede and Scolipede’s Pokédex entries speak of their hostile relationship with the latter family.
23. Centiskorch appears to be based on radiator coils and centipedes like Orphaneus brevilabiatus, also known as fire centipede due to its bioluminescence.
24. It may also be inspired by millipedes with the same ability, like the Sierra luminous millipedes.
25. Additionally, It might also be based on the Ōmukade, a colossal centipede of Japanese myth, the creature’s legs are described as resembling thousands of torches.
26. Centiskorch may be a combination of centipede and scorch.