Blue Marvel, or Adam Bernard Brashear, is a fictional superhero that appears in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character debuted in Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #1 and was created by writer Kevin Grevioux, who originally thought of the character as a child. Take a look below for 25 more fun and fascinating facts about Blue Marvel.
1. Adam Brashear debuted in the five issue Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel mini-series created by Kevin Grevioux. A different version later appeared briefly in What If? Secret Invasion #1.
2. In 2013, Blue Marvel appeared as part of Luke Cage’s new team of superheroes during the Infinity crossover, in the Marvel NOW! relaunch of Mighty Avengers.
3. Adam Brashear is a former fullback at Cornell University as well as a veteran of the Korean War, and a member of the Marine Corps with two Silver Stars.
4. While Brashear was in the Marine Corps, he met Conner Sims who he would later know as Ant-Man.
5. Due to an unexpected explosion of a Negative Reactor that Adam Brashear and Conner Sims worked on, both were subjected to mutagenic radiation generated by the destabilized event horizon. While Sims’ body dissolved into energy, Brashear became a stable antimatter reactor with superhuman abilities.
6. During the 2011 Fear Itself storyline, Blue Marvel was exploring The Neutral Zone when he returned and discovered a submarine lodged in Kadesh, his undersea base.
7. During the 2013 Infinity storyline, Uatu visited Blue Marvel in his Undersea Science Fortress which he had previously modified.
8. During the Last Days part of the 2015 Secret Wars storyline, Blue Marvel was seen with the Mighty Avengers where they fight the Illuminati.
9. As part of the 2015 All-New, All-Different Marvel Initiative, Blue Marvel appeared as a member of the Ultimates.
10. Blue Marvel’s first mission with the Ultimates involved retrieving the incubator that Galactus was brought out of prematurely.
11. During the 2016 Civil War II storyline, the precognitive Ulysses experiences a vision that warns Blue Marvel about the impending arrival of the interdimensional traveler Infinaut on Earth, which will endanger the planet.
13. Blue Marvel’s source of power is the energy released from anti-matter which derives from the inter-dimensional universe called the Negative Zone.
14. Adam Brashear is the first human anti-matter generator and reactor. The experiment he gained his powers from renders his form unaffected from anti-matter.
15. Blue Marvel possesses vast levels of superhuman strength and is capable of lifting in excess of 100 tons.
16. He was seen as capable of effortlessly lifting the 1960s American warship Enterprise, which weighs over 93,000 tons.
17. Blue Marvel once moved a meteor that was the size of the state of Arkansas.
18. Blue Marvel was able to directly engage Iron Man, Ares, Wonder Woman and Ms. Marvel in combat at the same time and casually overpower them.
19. He managed to defeat in physical combat the incredibly powerful King Hyperion, who had killed the heroes of multiple worlds, including Hercules and Thor of his own Earth, as well as the Sentries, Hulks, Thors and Eternals of others.
20. Superior Spider-Man once likened Blue Marvel to being his own Electron Microscope, enabling him to see into Spectrum’s damaged energy form in order to repair what Proxima had done.
21. Blue Marvel once survived a hydrogen bomb blowing up in his hands; he was unfazed.
22. Blue Marvel can manipulate material bonds as well as control and manipulate anti-matter and energy. He was also able to produce new particles to repair the damages to Spectrum’s light form.
23. He appears to be only weak against substances from the Neutral Zone.
24. Kevin Grevioux based Blue Marvel on the concept of what would happen if Superman was black and happen to live in the early 1960s.
25. Adam Brashear is a genius in the field of theoretical physics and has made extraordinary strides in the study of antimatter.