Bloodscream, who was originally called Bloodsport, is a fictional character and a supervillain that appears in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. He is usually depicted as an enemy of Wolverine. Take a look below for 24 more interesting and weird facts about Bloodscream.
1. Bloodscream was created by Chris Claremont and John Buscema. He first appeared in Wolverine Volume 2 #4.
2. He received an entry in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update ’89 #1 and in The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Wolverine.
3. Bloodscream is a being with traits and abilities that are similar to those of vampires, however, he’s not a vampire himself.
4. He was born in England in the 16th century. While he was young, Bloodscream served as an apprentice to an unknown doctor before adulthood, in the manner typical of the Tudor period.
5. Bloodscream served in Sir Francis Drake’s pirate fleet as a naval surgeon between 1577 and 1580.
6. During a skirmish with some natives in Canada, Bloodscream was mortally wounded. Francis Drake found a native healer named Dagoo to treat him, however, the healer was actually a necromancer who could only use an eldritch spell to trap him between life and death to save him from death.
7. When Bloodscream found out about his condition, he became enraged and demanded that Dagoo reverse the process. Dagoo told him that he needed the blood of another immortal to do that.
8. Bloodscream first met Wolverine during the D-Day invasion and much later in Madrippor. He believed that Wolverine was immortal.
9. Bloodscream has the ability to absorb the lifeforce of other human beings by touching their bare skin, which leaves the bodies of his victims in a withered, mummy-like state.
10. Those who survive Bloodscream’s touch are left with a red scar in the shape of a hand.
11. He is able to transform those who die during the process into mindless, zombie-like creatures that he can control to do his bidding.
12. Bloodscream possesses some degree of superhuman strength as long as he absorbs the lifeforce of one, or more, individuals on a regular basis.
13. While the exact limit of his strength isn’t known, Bloodscream’s strength does dwindle steadily if he hasn’t fed on lifeforce in a long time.
14. Bloodscream is capable of running and moving at speeds much greater than the best human athlete.
15. He possesses vast regenerative abilities that have enabled him to regenerate any damaged or destroyed tissue and to fully recover from any injury.
16. Once, Bloodscream was able to reattach his own head after being beheaded.
17. As long as he feeds on a regular basis, Bloodscream is functionally immortal.
18. Bloodscream hasn’t aged since the spell was cast centuries ago and is immune to the effects of all known Earthly diseases and infections.
19. Bloodscream has limited shapeshifting abilities that enable him to transform into a more demonic looking figure with an elongated jaw filled with rows of razor sharp teeth and elongated claws.
20. He has centuries of experience in armed and unarmed combat. He also has connection throughout the criminal underworld, where he typically hires himself out as an enforcer and bodyguard.
21. He claims that he can’t be killed by any weapon forged by a mortal, however, he has been shown to be vulnerable to the Honor Sword of the Yashida Clan, which is said to have been forged out of meteorite iron by a demon.
22. Iron Man once managed to seriously injure him with a blade function in his armor that had been created by a Stark Industries robot rather than a living being.
23. Bloodscream had a cameo in episode 16 of the X-Men series along with Roughouse just as with the first ongoing Wolverine comic series.
24. He appears as a boss in the video game Wolverine: Adamantium Rage.