Camerupt is a dual type Fire and Ground Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves from Numel starting at level 33. It can Mega Evolve into Mega Camerupt using the Cameruptite. Take a look below for 25 awesome and interesting facts about Camerupt.
1. Camerupt is a quadruped Pokemon that resembles a Bactrian camel.
2. It has two gray volcanoes on its back.
3. The two volcanoes on a female’s back are bigger than those on a male.
4. It also has a stout body with red shaggy fur and three blue ring-shaped markings on both sides.
5. It has bangs on top of its head, droopy ears, and a tan furless muzzle.
6. As Mega Camerupt, the humps on its back have transformed into one large and very active volcano. Its fur expands and grows to a point where only its hooves can be seen, and its ears and the tufts on its head grow thicker and longer, standing on end.
7. It gains a gray M on the front of its face and loses the three blue rings on its body.
8. Magma is constantly bubbling up from within its body. It has a deep hatred of water or any moisture, and has an explosive personality and a short temper. The volcano on its back erupts constantly in an effort to intimidate its foes.
9. Its body contains amounts of molten lava of 18,000 °F (10,000 °C), which erupts out of its humps if the Pokémon is angered.
10. As shown in the anime, it can become uncontrollably angry when it is struck in the face. It lives in the craters of volcanoes.
11. Camerupt’s Pokédex entries for Emerald, HeartGold, and SoulSilver say that the volcanoes on its back erupt every 10 years. However, its entries from Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, and Alpha Sapphire, as well as dialogue from the Mystery Dungeon series, claim that they erupt whenever it is angry, which is also shown in the anime.
12. Camerupt’s evolutionary line can be seen as a parallel to Sharpedo‘s family. Both of them are dual-type Pokémon, both lines have identical base stat totals per evolutionary stage, both of their final evolutions are used by Team Magma Leader Maxie and Team Aqua Leader Archie, respectively, and both of their final evolutions can Mega Evolve.
14. Mega Camerupt has the highest Special Attack stat of all non-legendary Ground-type Pokémon.
15. Camerupt is essentially a Bactrian camel with volcanoes on its back instead of humps. Mega Camerupt’s “skirt” of fur resembles that of male wild yaks.
16. Camerupt is a combination of camel and erupt.
17. Camerupt made its main series debut in Candid Camerupt!, under the ownership of Vicky Winstrate. Vicky used the Eruption Pokémon to battle Ash’s Pikachu. Once Pikachu struck Camerupt on the nose with Iron Tail, it went on an Eruption rampage. Vito’s Alakazam used Rain Dance in order to stop Camerupt before it could reach the Winstrate’s vegetable patch.
18. A Camerupt appeared in Lights, Camerupt, Action!, under the ownership of Elijah. He used it to help carry his filmmaking equipment during his trips to small towns all over Hoenn.
19. A Camerupt appeared in Historical Mystery Tour!, where it attacked Ash, Dawn, and Barry. However, the crisis was resolved when the trio decided to attack the rings on its side.
20. A Camerupt that can Mega Evolve appeared in Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel, under the control of Levi and Cherie’s Mega Wave. Camerupt was used to battled against Ash’s Noivern and Greninja. It was later freed from their control when Alva’s Mega Wave Crystal was destroyed, and it escaped.
21. Multiple Camerupt debuted in the opening sequence of Jirachi: Wish Maker.
22. A Camerupt appeared in A Six Pack Attack!, under the ownership of an old man. It was used to pull a wagon that Professor Oak was sleeping in.
23. A Coordinator’s Camerupt appeared in A Cacturne for the Worse.
24. A Camerupt appeared in Numero Uno Articuno, under the ownership of Noland. It was among the Pokémon residing at the Battle Factory.
25. A Coordinator’s Camerupt appeared in Harley Rides Again.