Bloodaxe, or Jackie Lukus, is a fictional character that appears in American comics books published by Marvel Comics. She is often depicted as an opponent of Thor and Thunderstrike. Take a look below for 25 more fascinating and bizarre facts about Bloodaxe.
1. The character first appeared in Thor #449, though she didn’t adopt her name and appearance until #450. The name also applies to the axe used by the character.
2. Bloodaxe’s identity was initially a mystery and all early panels of the character’s alter ego were depicted as being concealed by shadow or as a silhouette.
3. Due to the sheer muscular mass of Bloodaxe, which is a direct result of the Asgardian magic within the axe, it was impossible to determine whether the mortal alias was a male or female.
4. It was only after Bloodaxe was defeated that the mortal alias was revealed to be Jackie Lukus, a confidant and love interest of Thunderstrike’s alias Eric Masterson.
5. A figure in shadow found the axe that was once wielded by Skurge the Executioner and picking it up, was transformed into Bloodaxe. They then went into action battling the police and slaying drug dealers.
6. Bloodaxe first fought Thor when the mortal Eric Masterson was using the identity of Thor.
7. When the real Thor returned, Masterson became Thunderstrike and fought Bloodaxe again.
8. Bloodaxe first encountered Thunderstrike when she arrived to kill a low-level villain called Carjack and his gang. Thunderstrike stopped Bloodaxe and took the axe.
9. When Thunderstrike defeated Bloodaxe for the second time, he succumbed to the axe’s will in an attempt to obtain enough power to defeat the villain Set the Serpent God of Death.
10. As Bloodaxe, Lukus possesses a variety of superhuman abilities.
11. Bloodaxe possesses vast superhuman strength of an as yet unknown limit. However, it’s known that she can lift somewhere in excess of 100 tons.
12. She is capable of running and moving at speeds greater than the of the best human athlete.
13. Bloodaxe’s superhuman musculature generates considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. She can exert herself physically at peak capacity for several days before she begins to fatigue.
14. Despite her massive size, Bloodaxe’s agility, balance and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels beyond the natural human limit.
15. The tissues of Bloodaxe’s body are considerably harder and more resistant to injury than those of an ordinary human. She can withstand great impact forces, falls from tremendous heights, powerful energy blasts, high caliber bullets, and exposure to extreme pressure and temperature.
16. Jackie Lukas is a highly skilled architect, but has no physical abilities without the aid of the Bloodaxe.
17. Bloodaxe made a costume from the enchanted magic held within the Executioner’s axe.
18. The Bloodaxe was mystically enchanted and is virtually indestructible.
19. The Bloodaxe could be used to teleport to places the wielder has previously been, and to project fire or ice energy.
20. The Bloodaxe is able to manipulate magnetic fields, allowing the user to deflect incoming gunfire back at attackers. However, if the user was separated from the axe for more than 60 seconds, they would lose their enchanted form and revert back to their original mortal identity.
21. In Bloodaxe’s first appearance, she appeared in Skurge the Executioner’s old armor, but decided to change it.
22. The Bloodaxe was also introduced during Dan Jurgens’ Thor run, where it was used by Thor in conjunction with Mjolnir. Thor later destroyed it with the Odinpower after he felt the curse beginning to work on him.
23. The evil that remains within the Bloodaxe takes partial possession of the wielder’s mind, warping its personality and making it murderously aggressive, overpowering its rationality with a lust for combat, vengeance and bloodshed.
24. Due to enchantments from the Enchantress, the Bloodaxe had the magical ability to create dimensional rifts.
25. Bloodaxe was also a name taken by a minor Spider-Man 2099 villain, who also called himself Bloodmace, Bloodsword and Bloodhammer, depending on what kind of weapon he was holding at the time.