Blizzard is a fictional character and a supervillain that appears in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character is usually depicted as a member of Iron Man‘s Rogue Gallery. Take a look below for 24 more fun and fascinating facts about Blizzard.
1. The Gregor Shapanka version of Blizzard was created by Stan Lee and Don Heck.
2. Gregor Shapanka first appeared as Jack Frost in Tales of Suspense #45, and as Blizzard beginning in Iron Man #86.
3. Gregor Shapanka was killed off in The Amazing Spider-Man Annual #20.
4. The Donnie Gill version of Blizzard was created by David Michelinie and Bob Layton. He first appeared in Iron Man #223.
5. The Randy Macklin version of Blizzard was created by Sholly Fisch and Tom Morgan. He first appeared in Marvel Holiday Special #2.
6. Gregor Shapanka was a Hungarian scientist who was obsessed with immortality, and decided that the study of cryonics was the first step towards his goal.
7. Gregor stole technology from Tony Stark’s secret vault which he used to create a suit with cold-generation devices. He called the suit “Jack Frost”.
8. Gregor created a much more powerful cold generating battle-suit when he got out of prison. At that point, he changed his name from Jack Frost to Blizzard.
9. At one point, Blizzard mistakes a villainous version of Iron Man from the year 2020 for the modern Iron Man and attempts to ambush him. However, the future Iron Man instantly kills Blizzard with a repulsor blast.
10. Donald “Donnie” Gill was a professional criminal hired by Justin Hammer, who helped Gregor develop the cryogenic suit and who gave an updated Blizzard suit to Donald.
11. Since the original Blizzard was killed by Iron Man from the year 2020, he took the name of Blizzard.
12. Blizzard once attacked She-Hulk in a bar but instead of defeating him, she invited him for a drink. Before he collapsed from drunkenness, Blizzard notes that he liked She-Hulk.
13. Randall “Randy” Macklin, an ex-criminal, fails to find work following his release from prison and uses a spare Blizzard costume that he was safeguarding for his friend Donnie Gill.
14. Macklin tried to fight Iron Man in the space Blizzard suit but was easily defeated. Tony Stark offered him a legitimate job soon after at Stark Enterprises.
15. Donnie Gill is an Inhuman with the ability to manipulate electrical currents.
16. Gill can also charge the energies within his body and disperse it, enabling him to disable mechanical, or any other kind of electronic devices within a given radius.
17. All the Blizzards have similar powers, derived primarily from their suits. The suit has micro-circuited cryogenic units that make it possible to emit freezing rays.
18. Gill’s Blizzard suit was upgraded by supervillains Beetle and Fixer.
19. Gill’s upgraded Blizzard suit enabled him an even greater level of cold manipulation where he can encase people in snow and ice, create an ice barricade or generate ice sleds for transport.
20. In the House of M reality, the Donnie Gill version of Blizzard appears as a member of Hood’s Masters of Evil.
21. The Donnie Gill version of Blizzard appears in Iron Man & Power Pack #2 with Speed Demon. He kidnaps Irena Crum from her school and takes her to an abandoned warehouse across town, where he tortures her.
22. The Gregor Shapanka version of Blizzard appears as Jack Frost in the Iron Man segment of The Marvel Super Heroes, where he’s voiced by Chris Wiggins.
23. The Donnie Gill version of Blizzard appears in The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, where he’s voiced by Troy Baker. This version is a full-armored villain in a parka.
24. The Randy Macklin version of Blizzard appears in the Spider-Man episode “Spider-Man on Ice”, where he’s voiced by Trevor Devall.