Marlin—officially the Town of Krupp—is a town in Grant County, Washington, United States. Take a look below for 15 awesome and interesting facts about Marlin, Washington, United States.
1. The population was 48 at the 2010 census.
2. Although legally incorporated as Krupp, the town is more commonly known as Marlin, which is the name of its post office.
3. Elections are held there under the name of Marlin, Washington, and they are the same locale.
4. Krupp has the lowest population of any incorporated municipality in Washington.
5. First settled in 1871 by John Marlin, Krupp incorporated on January 7, 1911.
6. The name of the post office was changed from Krupp to Marlin during World War I in order to avoid negative associations with a large, well-known munitions plant in Germany.
7. To this day, Krupp is known primarily by the name of its post office, rather than its official name.
8. In the summer of 1971 a three-day rock festival, “Sunrise ’71,” was scheduled to take place immediately south of town, but was shut down by county authorities.
9. It was to be on the scale of Woodstock.
10. Krupp is located at 47°24′32″N 118°59′18″W (47.408752, -118.988203).
11. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.59 square miles (1.53 km2), all of it land.
12. As of the census of 2010, there were 48 people, 25 households, and 13 families residing in the town. The population density was 81.4 inhabitants per square mile (31.4/km2). There were 28 housing units at an average density of 47.5 per square mile (18.3/km2).
13. The racial makeup of the town was 100.0% White. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.1% of the population.
14. There were 25 households, of which 16.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 40.0% were married couples living together, 4.0% had a female householder with no husband present, 8.0% had a male householder with no wife present, and 48.0% were non-families. 40.0% of all households were made up of individuals, and 20% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.92 and the average family size was 2.62.
15. The median age in the town was 52 years. 12.5% of residents were under the age of 18; 6.4% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 18.8% were from 25 to 44; 29.2% were from 45 to 64; and 33.3% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the town was 58.3% male and 41.7% female.