Salazzle is a dual-type Poison/Fire Pokémon introduced in Generation VII. It evolves from a female Salandit starting at level 33. Take a look below for 24 awesome and fun facts about Salazzle.
1. Salazzle is a dark gray Pokemon resembling a salamander or lizard.
2. Its thin body has a purple underside with several wavy, dark pink markings: a U-shaped marking with two additional lines inside on its chest and one on each hip resembling wisps of smoke.
3. The dark gray on its head and neck extends slightly onto its chest in a V-shape.
4. It has a slender head with purple, almond-shaped eyes with slit pupils and two fang-like projections on each side of its lower jaw.
5. There are two thin, wavy growths on its back at the base of its tail, which is whip-like with a dark pink underside.
6. Its hands and feet each have five long, thin digits.
7. Salazzle is a female-only species with no known male counterpart.
8. Salazzle can be found deep in caves with a reverse harem of male Salandit.
9. The males are attracted by the pheromones in the poisonous gas created by Salazzle.
10. The males bring it food, and those that are unable to are punished with flaming slaps.
11. Salazzle’s gas can also be diluted to make perfumes.
12. Only female Salazzle exist as the male Salandit cannot evolve due to a malnutrition diet.
13. The winners of a competition between two Salazzle are determined by who has the most male Salandit in their harem.
14. No other Pokémon has the same type combination as Salazzle and its pre-evolved form.
15. Salazzle and its pre-evolved form are also the only Poison-type Pokémon with a double resistance to Fairy-type moves.
16. Salazzle appears to be based on a salamander and lizards of the Teiidae family, also known as “whiptails”.
17. Certain whiptail species have a mostly female population, some species even being female exclusive, one of which is the New Mexico whiptail. It may also be partially based on fire belly newts.
18. Additionally, it may be inspired by the mo’o, a mythical dragon-like lizard of Hawaiian myth.
19. Generally, mo’o are depicted as large female lizards, which have scales that are black as night, and which would shape-shift into seductive women to devour men. They would also appear when fire was lit near or around their dwellings.
20. Salazzle may be a combination of salamander and dazzle or sizzle.
21. Salazzle debuted in Rescuing the Unwilling!, under the ownership of Lusamine. With both Salazzle and her Trainer under the influence of a Nihilego, Kiawe volunteered to stay behind and battle Salazzle while Ash and the others continued their pursuit atop Nebby. She was eventually defeated, but in the next episode, Nihilego made her get back up and continue battling until the Ultra Beast was defeated, freeing her from its control.
22. A Salazzle appeared in Battle Royal 151!, under the ownership of Plumeria. She competed in the Battle Royal round of the Manalo Conference, where she went up against Ilima and his Eevee. Despite Plumeria’s efforts, Salazzle was defeated.
23. Multiple Salazzle debuted in Homecoming and the Brilliant Professional Golfer, under the ownership of some Team Skull Grunts. They were used to attack Sun and his friends at Memorial Hill.
24. Plumeria’s Salazzle debuted in Flash and Cosmog’s Secret, where she attacked Gladion and his Type: Null.