Salandit is a dual-type Poison/Fire Pokémon introduced in Generation VII. Female Salandit evolve into Salazzle starting at level 33. Male Salandit are not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon. Take a look below for 25 awesome and amazing facts about Salandit.
1. Salandit is a small, black Pokemon resembling a salamander or lizard.
2. Its body is dark gray with a black head and feet.
3. Along its back and down its tail is an orange-red line.
4. This marking splits into four short lines with round tips at the base of its tail.
5. At the base of its neck are two short, flat spines, which create the impression of a mask or bandanna tied around its head.
6. Its eyes are light purple with slit pupils and there are several tooth-like protrusions along its upper jaw.
7. Each foot has four pointed toes.
8. Salandit is found around volcanoes or arid environments.
9. From the marking at the base of its tail, it can emit both a toxic gas and flames.
10. The gas is created by burning body fluids and has a sweet odor that causes dizziness. However, Bug Pokémon are attracted to the scent and are common prey.
11. The female can also release pheromones that attract males of all species, including humans.
12. Additionally, these pheromones may cause opponents to be controlled by this Pokémon’s will.
13. Because of this, male Salandit offers its food to females, leaving it malnourished and unable to evolve.
14. While it is not a powerful Pokémon, it is able to unbalance opponents with its cunning techniques.
15. It does have difficulty with Spinda, since that Pokémon is already off balance.
16. No other Pokémon has the same type combination as Salandit and its evolved form.
17. Salandit and its evolved form are also the only Poison-type Pokémon with a double resistance to Fairy-type moves.
18. Salandit appears to be based on a salamander, some species of which are toxic. It may draw specific inspiration from the Japanese fire belly newt, which has similar coloration to Salandit. In legends, salamanders are also commonly associated with fire and in some cases poisons. It also shares some similarities to lizards, as well as with bandits.
19. Salandit may be a combination of salamander and bandit.
20. Three Salandit debuted in Alola to New Adventure!, under the ownership of Tupp. One of them has since made further appearances in Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon.
21. A Salandit appeared in Lillie’s Egg-xhilarating Challenge!, where it tried to take the Pokémon Egg that Lillie was looking after. However, it failed and was sent off.
22. A Salandit appeared as an image in Loading the Dex! when Giovanni was telling Team Rocket about the rare Pokémon that appear in the Alola region.
23. A Salandit appeared in Dewpider Ascending!, where it attempted to attack a Dewpider with Ember, only for its mouth to get stuck.
24. A Salandit appeared in Why Not Give Me a Z-Ring Sometime?, where it was scared by a Gengar nicknamed Greedy Rapooh.
25. A Trainer’s Salandit appeared in I Choose Paradise!, where it was among the Pokémon seen at the Pokémon Paradise Resort.