Noctowl is a dual type Normal and Flying Pokemon introduced in Generation II. It evolves from Hoothoot starting at level 20. Take a look below for 23 awesome and interesting facts about Noctowl.
1. Noctowl is an avian Pokemon that resembles an owl.
2. It has light brown plumage with a darker brown pattern of triangles on its chest.
3. Its fan-like tail is the same dark brown, while its wings are a slightly lighter shade of brown with light brown undersides.
4. It has red eyes with black rings around them and a second, cream-colored ring around the first.
5. Above its eyes are bushy, cream-colored feather “horns” that resemble large eyebrows.
6. Its small beak and talons are pinkish, and its feet are cream-colored with three toes facing forward and one backward.
7. As shown in the anime, Noctowl can grow a small beard in its elderly stages.
8. Noctowl is a nocturnal Pokémon that is called “the emperor of dark nights” by some.
9. It has exceptional eyes that concentrate the faintest light and give it night vision, supple wings capable of silent flight, and it can twist its head at a 180 degree angle to increase its intellect.
10. Its superior senses and intellect allow it catch prey without fail in the darkness.
11. It can also turn its head upside down, which signals that it is troubled by something.
12. If disturbed in this state, it will peck at the offender.
13. Noctowl is most commonly found nesting in trees in temperate and boreal forests.
14. Noctowl’s Shiny form is the first Shiny Pokémon to appear in the anime.
15. Noctowl’s appearance is based on that of horned owls.
16. Noctowl is a combination of nocturnal and owl.
17. Noctowl debuted in Fowl Play!. A man was trying to capture the smaller, Shiny Noctowl with traps, but kept failing due to the Owl Pokémon’s intelligence. After Team Rocket was sent flying, Noctowl allowed Ash to have the chance to catch it. After an intense battle, Ash succeeded.
18. A Noctowl appeared in Throwing in the Noctowl, under the ownership of Wings Alexander. For most of the episode, it was sleeping in its Trainer’s plane, but it finally flew out to help Ash’s Noctowl when the flight encountered problems.
19. A Noctowl appeared in A Relay in the Sky!, under the ownership of Ornithol. It shared its Trainer’s aspirations to win the Pokémon Sky Relay, but it never competed with him in the competition since Ornithol was never able to catch two more eligible Pokémon.
20. Multiple wild Noctowl appeared in Fowl Play.
21. A Noctowl appeared in For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll!, where it protected the Tin Tower after Team Rocket stole the Crystal Bells on the top floor.
22. A Noctowl appeared in Who’s Flying Now? as one of the Pokémon featured in the Fortree City Feather Festival.
23. A Coordinator’s Noctowl appeared in Going for Choke!, where it was seen participating in the Battle Stage of the Mulberry Contest.