Professor Charles Francis Xavier, also known as Professor X, is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. He is the founder and leader of the X-Men. He was created by writer Stan Lee and artist Jack Kirby, and first appeared in The X-Men #1. Take a look below for 25 more awesome and interesting facts about Professor X.
1. Professor X is an exceptionally powerful telepath who can read and control the minds of other.
2. To shelter and train mutants from around the world, he runs a private school in Salem Center, located in Westchester County, New York.
3. Stan Lee originally planned for Professor X and Magneto to be long lost brothers.
4. Professor X once went brain dead after reading Deadpool’s mind, right before he was vegetized he said, “Oh, I never realized!”
5. In the comic books, Professor X became paralyzed after an alien called Lucifer dropped a large boulder on Xavier’s legs, crushing them.
6. Professor X once tried to control World War Hulk’s mind but was unable to. He said that Hulk’s rage was like an elemental force he couldn’t overcome.
7. During a ferocious battle between the X-Men and Magneto’s Acolytes, Professor X shut down Magneto’s brain. At that moment, Xavier’s own dark fears, doubts, and frustrations combined with Magneto’s anger and lust for revenge, to form a new being, Onslaught.
8. Darwin has a very close father-son relationship with Professor Xavier.
9. Xavier is a genius with multiple doctorates. He is a world renowned geneticist, a leading expert in mutation, possess considerable knowledge of various life sciences, and is the inventor of Cerebro. He has a Ph.D. in genetics, biophysics, psychology and anthropology. He also has an M.D. in psychiatry.
10. In the Avengers vs. X-Men event, when Scott Summers is possessed by the Phoenix Force, he murders Professor Xavier.
11. Professor X was in love with the teenage Jean Grey.
12. Even though his dream is based on the belief of peaceful coexistence between humans and mutants, he also wished at some time that all mutants could come together on common ground, united under one flag and for one cause.
13. His favorite book is known from the X-Tinction Agenda storyline to be T.H. White’s The Once and Future King.
14. Xavier is a billionaire with a net worth of $3.5 billion.
15. Professor X served in the United States Military, secretly employing his abilities to specialize in search and rescue missions.
16. In his travels to the East, he became a proficient hand to hand combatant and gained knowledge of pressure points.
17. The character’s creation and development occurred at the same time as the civil rights struggle, taking place in the 1960s, while Xavier’s first appearance dates to 1963.
18. Patrick Stewart played Professor X in 7 X-Men movies and in various video games, while James McAvoy portrayed the younger version of Professor X in the 2011 prequel X-Men: First Class.
19. The Xavier Protocols are a set of doomsday plans created by Professor X. The protocols detail the best way to kill many powerful mutant characters, including the X-Men and Xavier himself, should the become too big of a danger.
20. The Xavier Protocols are first used after Onslaught gets too powerful, but only parts of the actual protocols are ever shown.
21. Professor X was given possession of the Mind Infinity Gem. It allows the user to boost mental power and access the thoughts and dreams of other beings. Using the gem, it’s possible to access all minds in existence simultaneously. However, like all other former Illuminati members, Xavier has sworn to never use the gem and to keep its location hidden.
22. He can project his astral form into a psychic dimension known as the astral plane. There, he can use his powers to create objects, control his surroundings, and control and destroy the astral forms of others.
23. Professor X can perceive the distinct mental presence and brain waves of other superhuman mutants within a small radius of himself.
24. He’s able to project from his mind “bolts” composed of psychic energy, enabling him to stun the mind of another person into unconsciousness, inflict mental trauma and even cause death.
25. Xavier is able to learn foreign languages by reading the language centers of the brain of someone adept, and alternatively teach languages to others in the same manner.
Pingback:February 18, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Pingback:February 19, 2018 at 2:46 pm
Pingback:March 22, 2018 at 1:51 pm
Pingback:March 26, 2018 at 2:24 pm
Pingback:April 10, 2018 at 10:52 am