Ledyba is a dual type Bug and Flying Pokemon introduced in Generation II. It evolves into Ledian starting at level 18. Take a look below for 24 fun and interesting facts about Ladyba.
1. Ledyba is a Pokemon that resembles a ladybug.
2. Its wing covers are red with five black spots; this pattern differs slightly for each individual.
3. The wings themselves are clear.
4. Its main body and lower jaw are yellow, while the rest of its head is red.
5. It has large, round eyes and a pair of black antennae.
6. The antennae are shorter on the female than on the male.
7. It has six black legs with white hands that resemble boxing gloves.
8. Ledyba is a social Pokémon that is active in large groups.
9. If left alone, it becomes timid and afraid to move.
10. It is also very sensitive to cold, so it forms clusters with other Ledyba for warmth.
11. An aromatic fluid is secreted from its feet and leg joints, which it uses for communication.
12. The fluid indicates its location and conveys emotion; it will smell sour if Ledyba is angry.
13. In the anime, it has been shown to serve a role in pollinating the fruit-producing plants of the Pokémon world and is usually instructed to do so by means of a special whistle. However, like most Pokémon, it will also respond to regular vocal commands.
14. Ledyba builds its nest on leaves in temperate forests and jungles and joins with other Ledyba to protect its home when needed.
15. Ledyba can be seen as a parallel to Spinarak. Both of them are Bug-type Generation II Pokémon. Ledyba is exclusive to Pokémon Silver and SoulSilver while Spinarak is exclusive to Pokémon Gold and HeartGold. Ledyba is matutinal while Spinarak is nocturnal in said games. Additionally, their rarity is also reversed, with Ledyba being more common in Pokémon LeafGreen, and Spinarak in Pokémon FireRed. Both were also added to the expanded Safari Zone in Emerald, both can only be obtained by breeding their evolved forms in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, and White, and both Pokémon have had their Egg designs revealed. Additionally, in White 2 its evolution swarms on Route 22 while Spinarak’s evolution does so in Black 2.
16. Ledyba is tied with Mantyke for the lowest base Attack of all Flying-type Pokémon.
17. Ledyba is tied with Weedle for the lowest base Defense of all Bug-type Pokémon.
18. Ledyba is based on a ladybug. Its Shiny coloration seems to be based on Coccinella transversalis.
19. Ledyba and Rediba are derived from ladybug, ladybird, and possibly red.
20. Multiple Ledyba debuted in Pikachu’s Rescue Adventure. Misty’s Togepi saw them and curiously followed them. Later on, Ash’s Pikachu and the other Pokémon were saved by the same group from falling out of a tree stump and down a cliff.
21. Six Ledyba made their main series debut in The Whistle Stop, under the ownership of Arielle, who controlled them with her whistle. They were targeted in one of Team Rocket’s schemes.
22. Multiple Ledyba appeared in Pikachu and the Pokémon Music Squad. They were among the Pokémon living in a forest.
23. A Ledyba appeared in Tricks of the Trade as one of the Pokémon seen at the Pokémon Swap Meet in Palmpona.
24. Multiple wild Ledyba appeared in Houndoom’s Special Delivery.