Kricketune is a Bug type Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. It evolves from Kricketot starting at level 10. Take a look below for 22 amazing and interesting facts about Kricketune.
1. Kricketune is a bipedal Pokemon with an insectoid appearance.
2. Primarily red, there are three black, oval markings on its abdomen, a tan streak running down its neck to its belly, and a tan underside with a small, dark red marking above it.
3. It has oval, gray eyes and a dark red, round nose.
4. Black feelers with curled tips extend from either side of its nose, similar in appearance to a mustache.
5. The male’s mustache is longer than a female’s.
6. On top of its head are two antennae with conical bases, spherical centers, and long, thin tips.
7. Kricketune has two small feet and a pair of black wings.
8. This Pokémon’s arms are shaped similar to its antennae and are crossed over its chest when it cries.
9. It can also allow its cry to resonate in its belly.
10. Kricketune’s melodic cry varies greatly and can be used to signal its emotions.
11. Kricketune is based on a cricket, which is widely known for its loud chirping songs used to attract females. Crickets use a form of stridulation to create noise, which they do by striking their forewings together, but this is often mistakenly believed to be done by rubbing their legs against their body, as Kriketune does. It also resembles a violin beetle, with an abdomen assuming the appearance of an actual violin or similar stringed instrument, with arms that function as a bow.
12. Via Kricketot’s Japanese name, Kricketune may also be based upon the black-spotted leaf beetle. Kriketune additionally resembles a typical depiction of a music conductor or maestro, due to its mustache, wings that look like a cape, and Kricketune’s baton-like forelimbs.
13. Kricketune is a combination of cricket and tune.
14. Nando owns a Kricketune, which debuted in Dawn’s Early Night. It was used in both Gym battles and Pokémon Contests, having helped Nando enter the Sinnoh Grand Festival and the Lily of the Valley Conference.
15. Kricketune debuted in Getting the Pre-Contest Titters!, under the ownership of a Coordinator participating in the Floaroma Contest. It reappeared briefly in the next episode, where it was seen competing in the Contest.
16. A Kricketune was seen living in Crown City in Zoroark: Master of Illusions. It worked together with the other Pokémon in surrounding Zorua to attack him, angry for what Zoroark did to the city. Before a fight broke out, the Kricketune, along with the other Pokémon, were calmed down by Celebi.
17. Platinum was attacked by a swarm of Kricketot and Kricketune in Putting a Crimp in Kricketot.
18. Two Scientists working for Team Galactic fought Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum while guarding Lake Valor in Dramatic Drapion & Crafty Kricketune I. One of these Scientists used a Kricketune, whose Sing quickly subdued Diamond’s Torterra, Tru. Kricketune reappeared in a flashback in Luring in a Lickilicky.
19. A Trainer’s Kricketune appeared in Crafty Carnivine.
20. A Trainer’s Kricketune appeared in Clobbering Claydol.
21. A wild Kricketune appeared in Suffering Psyduck.
22. Multiple Kricketune appeared in a flashback in Deoxys, The Phantom Pokémon! (Part 1).