Conkeldurr is a Fighting type Pokemon introduced in Generation V. It evolves from Gurdurr when traded. It is the final form of Timburr. Take a look below for 21 interesting and fun facts about Conkeldurr.
1. Conkeldurr is a bipedal sepia-colored Pokemon resembling an ogre.
2. Its nose is large and red, with its face also having a prominent brow, a wide mouth, a gray tuft on its chin, dark rings around its eyes and a bulbous feature sticking up from the back of its head.
3. Thick violet bands and tendons adorn its shoulders, chest, back and thighs.
4. It is known to carry concrete pillars in its massive arms, which it uses to attack strongly without using physical strength or to support its massive upper body.
5. Conkeldurr can create concrete, a technique it was believed to have taught humans 2000 years ago.
6. It is often seen around construction sites helping construction workers.
7. Conkeldurr’s evolutionary line shares many similarities with Machamp’s evolutionary line. Both of them are Fighting-type Pokémon whose Attack is their highest stat, have below average Speed, have the same gender ratio, have three evolutionary stages, reach their respective final-evolutionary form through trading and have the same base stat total.
8. Due to the censor that prevents Pokémon with offensive nicknames being traded on the GTS, an English language Conkeldurr cannot be traded on the GTS without a nickname in Pokémon Black and White.
9. In Pokémon Conquest, Conkeldurr and its pre-evolved form, Gurdurr, are the only Pokémon that share a max link of 100% with five different Warriors, which is the highest amount found in the game.
10. At first glance, Conkeldurr’s brutal humanoid appearance suggests inspiration from ogres of folklore. Timburr’s Pokédex entry supports that it and its evolved forms are based on construction workers.
11. Due to its clown nose and buff body, it may have also been based on a muscleman carny from a carnival sideshow. It also seems to be based on an elderly person since it has a gray tuft under its chin and uses its pillars as walking canes. A red nose is also given to some anime characters, commonly shown on many older men.
12. Conkeldurr may be a combination of concrete and elder. It may also involve conk, having meaning as both an especially large nose and to hit someone on the head.
13. Conkeldurr debuted in The Clubsplosion Begins!, under the ownership of Trip. It was later revealed to have evolved from Gurdurr sometime prior to the events of that episode. Conkeldurr battled Bianca’s Emboar during the Clubsplosion, but it was soon defeated when Emboar flung its own concrete pillars at it.
14. Multiple Conkeldurr appeared in Ash and N: A Clash of Ideals!, Team Plasma and the Awakening Ceremony!, and What Lies Beyond Truth and Ideals!. They were owned by Cedric Juniper’s assistants and used at the White Ruins, but all of them were later turned against their owners by Colress. They were eventually freed when Pikachu and Reshiram destroyed Colress’s mind-control device.
15. A Conkeldurr appeared in The Forest Champion!, where they and an Ursaring were tricked by the former forest champion Machamp into battling Hawlucha and then ganging up on it.
16. A Conkeldurr appeared in Genesect and the Legend Awakened, under the ownership of some Workers in New Tork City.
17. A Trainer’s Conkeldurr appeared in Summer of Discovery!, Foggy Pokémon Orienteering!, and Battling Into the Hall of Fame!, where it was one of the Pokémon that participated in the Pokémon Summer Camp. Conkeldurr reappeared in a flashback in Showdown at the Shalour Gym!.
18. A Trainer’s Conkeldurr appeared in I Choose You!.
19. A Conkeldurr debuted in The Victory Pokémon and the Big Match!.
20. Red caught a Conkeldurr in The New Member is an Architect!!, and he has traveled with him since.
21. In Dream a Little Dream, Marshal’s Conkeldurr debuted when the Unova Elite Four gathered at the Unova Pokémon League.