Tangent is a city in Linn County, Oregon, United States. Take a look below for 10 amazing and interesting facts about Tangent, Oregon, United States.
1. The population was 1,231 at the 2020 census.
2. Tangent was the site of a railway station on the Southern Pacific line south of Albany.
3. Its name referred to a straight stretch of the line with no curves for more than 20 miles (32 km).
4. The federal government established a post office in Tangent on September 17, 1872.
5. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 3.78 square miles (9.79 km2), all land.
6. This region experiences warm (but not hot) and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures above 71.6 °F (22.0 °C).
7. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Tangent has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated “Csb” on climate maps.
8. As of the census of 2010, there were 1,164 people, 410 households, and 315 families living in the city.
9. The population density was 307.9 inhabitants per square mile (118.9/km2). There were 433 housing units at an average density of 114.6 per square mile (44.2/km2).
10. The racial makeup of the city was 89.4% White, 0.2% African American, 0.8% Native American, 0.3% Asian, 0.2% Pacific Islander, 4.6% from other races, and 4.5% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 8.4% of the population.