Tympole is a Water type Pokemon introduced in Generation V. It evolves into Palpitoad starting at level 25, which evolves into Seismitoad starting at level 36. Take a look below for 22 interesting and fascinating facts about Tympole.
1. Tympole is a round, tadpole-like Pokemon with a tan, circular face.
2. It has large, oval, black eyes; a wide mouth with down-turned corners; and black eyebrows in the shape of quarter notes.
3. Its spherical body is black with no visible limbs.
4. Instead, it has two black-and-blue ringed half-spheres on either side of its head.
5. These spheres are vibrated to create a sound too high-pitched for humans to hear.
6. The sounds are used in rhythm to communicate with others of its kind, particularly for warning of danger.
7. It has a long, blue tail with a fan-like shape and a black spot at its base.
8. The anime demonstrates that Tympole swims and attacks in groups.
10. Although it is simulated as swimming in Pokédex 3D, Tympole does not display the bubble effect that all other Pokémon simulated in an aquatic environment, such as Eelektrik and Stunfisk, display. The reason for this is unknown.
11. Tympole appears to be a combination of a toad tadpole and a loudspeaker. Its spherical “speakers” were probably inspired by toads’ “warts” and poison glands, as well as the common Surinam toad, an aquatic amphibian whose backs are covered in pockets that hold its eggs, or more likely, the tympanum of a real-life toad, located in the same area. It is an eardrum-like body part the toad uses to hear.
12. Its Pokédex entry also mentions the fact that it creates vibrations underwater, also like the common Surinam. Its eyebrows resemble musical notes, specifically the quarter note, and the bumps on the side of its head are similar to headphones.
13. Tympole may be a combination of timpani or tympani (a type of drum), or tympanic membrane (eardrum; referring to the bumps on each side of its head), and tadpole.
14. Multiple Tympole debuted in Facing Fear with Eyes Wide Open!. They attacked Oshawott underwater while under the command of a wild Palpitoad. They were trying to prevent him from getting the medicine to cure the team from the poisoning several Foongus inflicted. However, they were forced to flee when Oshawott opened his eyes while using Razor Shell.
15. Multiple Tympole appeared in White—Victini and Zekrom and Black—Victini and Reshiram.
16. A Tympole briefly appeared near the end of Beheeyem, Duosion, and the Dream Thief!.
17. Multiple Tympole appeared in Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice.
18. A Tympole appeared in a flashback in Drayden Versus Iris: Past, Present, and Future!.
19. A Tympole appeared in A Unova League Evolution!.
20. A Tympole appeared in SS005, where it was among the Pokémon seen in the Wild Area.
21. A Tympole appeared in The King’s Identity…!!.
22. N used a Tympole to battle Black in Accumula Town in Letting Go. He was eventually defeated by Black’s Tep.