Ambipom is a Normal type Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. It evolves from Aipom when leveled up while knowing Double Hit. Take a look below for 21 amazing and interesting facts about Ambipom.
1. Ambipom is a purple, simian Pokemon with two tails, each with a large, rounded hand with three red-tipped fingers.
2. The tails also have a cuff of a rounded frill on the wrists.
3. The bases of Ambipom’s tails also have a similar frill.
4. It has round ears with red insides.
5. Ambipom has an arrangement of a split hair sticking out from the top of its head.
6. These strands of hair are longer on a female.
7. It has a purple, triangular nose and wide eyes.
8. Ambipom can leap from tree to tree with brilliant speed.
9. To eat, it deftly shucks nuts with its two tails.
10. As it has two hands on its tails, it rarely uses its arms.
11. Ambipom works in large colonies in heavily wooded areas and makes rings by linking tails with another Ambipom, apparently in friendship.
12. It also shows affection by using both of its tails to wrap and squeeze people.
13. It lives along with its young, Aipom.
14. It lives high in the treetops of tropical, temperate, and even boreal forests, using its tails for balance as it swings from branch to branch.
15. In the Alola region, while searching for comfortable trees, Ambipom tend to get into territorial disputes with Passimian, in which they win half the time.
16. Despite it learning Dual Chop via level-up starting in Generation VII, it can’t learn it via Move Tutor in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
17. Ambipom appears to be based on a New World monkey and the exaggerated concept of their prehensile tail. Ambipom also shares its large smile with a cymbal-banging monkey toy. It may vaguely reference the ahuizotl, a creature of Aztec mythology with monkey hands and a fifth human hand on its tail.
18. Ambipom is a combination of the prefix ambi- (from the Latin for both), referring to ambidexterity, and a corruption of palm.
19. Ambipom debuted in Journey to the Unown!, where’s Dawn’s Aipom, formerly owned by Ash, evolved. Upon evolving, she matured greatly and became one of Dawn’s most talented Pokémon, being used in many of her Contests. She was later given to O in To Thine Own Pokémon Be True!, in order to train and then become a ping-pong champion at his training center in Vermilion City.
20. Three Trainers’ Ambipom appeared in Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel as residents of the Azoth Kingdom.
21. Dawn’s Ambipom first appeared in PDP28.