Pidgey is a dual type Normal and Flying Pokemon introduced in Generation I. It evolves into Pidgeotto starting at level 18, which evolves into Pidgeot starting at level 36. Take a look below for 25 fun and interesting facts about Pidgey.
1. Pidgey is a small, plump bodied avian Pokemon.
2. It is primarily brown with a cream-colored face, underside, and flight feathers.
3. On top of its head is a short crest of three tufts.
4. The center crest feathers are brown and the outer two tufts are cream-colored.
5. Just under its crest are its narrow, brown eyes.
6. Angular black marking extend from behind its eyes down its cheeks.
7. It has a short, stubby beak and feet with two toes in front and one in back.
8. Both its beak and feet are a grayish-pink.
9. It has a short, brown tail made of three feathers.
10. Pidgey has an extremely sharp sense of direction and homing instincts.
11. It can locate its nest even when far removed from familiar surroundings.
12. It is a docile Pokémon, and generally prefers to flee from its enemies rather than fight them.
13. By flapping its wings rapidly, it can whip up dust clouds and create whirlwinds to protect itself and flush out potential prey.
14. Gust and Feather Dance are its former signature moves.
15. Pidgey is very common throughout its range and can often be seen in meadows and temperate forests.
16. Ekans is a natural predator of Pidgey.
17. In the Pokémon Red and Blue beta, Pidgey was originally going to be named Pidge.
18. Pidgey shares its category with Spearow and Natu. They are all known as the Tiny Bird Pokémon, though Natu has also been called the Little Bird Pokémon.
19. Pidgey is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 251.
20. In the anime, Pidgey is erroneously depicted with four talons on each foot, as opposed to three.
21. Pidgey has the shortest cry of any Pokémon, being only 0.181 of a second long.
22. Despite its name, Pidgey more closely resembles a sparrow, Cedar waxwing, or Carolina wren than a pigeon. However, there have been some references to Pidgey Mail, alluding to homing pigeons.
23. Its category, “tiny bird“, added to the sound of the end of its name, could suggest that Pidgey is also based on a chickadee.
24. Pidgey may be a corruption of pigeon or a combination of budgie (a type of bird), chickadee (a type of bird), or pudgy (referring to its plump physique).
25. Wilbur, guardian of Pudgy Pidgey Isle, helped teach a Pidgey nicknamed Orville on how to fly in Fly Me to the Moon. Nearly all of the other Pidgey on the island were too large for flight.
Wally WarblesFebruary 13, 2021 at 8:00 am
Carrying on Carrier Pidgey one named Ken he wore a hat
Spurwing PloverMarch 28, 2021 at 6:22 pm
Pidgey were used to carry mail like Carrier Pigeons