Cara Jocelyn Delevingne is an English model, singer and actress. She signed with Storm Management after leaving school in 2009. Delevingne won Model of the Year at the British Fashion Awards in 2012 and 2014. Take a look below for 30 more fun and interesting facts about Cara Delevingne.
1. She started her acting career with a minor role in the 2012 film adaption of “Anna Karenina.”
2. Delevingne was born in Hammersmith, London, the daughter of Pandora Anne Delevingne and property developer Charles Hamar Delevingne.
3. She grew up in Belgravia, London, one of the wealthiest districts in the world.
4. Delevingne has two older sisters, Chloe and model Poppy Delevingne.
5. She also has a paternal half-brother, Alex Jaffe.
6. Her godfather is Condé Nast executive Nicholas Coleridge.
7. Her godmother is actress Joan Collins.
8. Delevingne’s maternal grandfather was publishing executive and English Heritage chairman Sir Jocelyn Stevens, the nephew of magazine publisher Sir Edward George Warris Hulton and the grandson of newspaper proprietor Sir Edward Hulton, 1st Baronet.
9. Her paternal great-grandfather was the Canadian-born British politician Hamar Greenwood, 1st Viscount Greenwood, and her maternal grandmother Janie Sheffield was lady-in-waiting to Princess Margaret.
10. Through one of her maternal great-great-grandfathers, Sir Lionel Lawson Faudel-Phillips, 3rd Baronet, Delevingne descends from the Anglo-Jewish Faudel-Phillips baronets; two of her ancestors on that line served as Lord Mayor of London.
11. Delevingne attended Francis Holland School for Girls in central London until she was 16, then moved to Bedales School in Hampshire.
12. She has dyspraxia and found school challenging.
13. In June 2015, in an interview with Vogue, Delevingne talked about her battle with depression when she was 15: “I was hit with a massive wave of depression and anxiety and self-hatred, where the feelings were so painful that I would slam my head against a tree to try to knock myself out.”
14. At 16, after completing her GCSE examinations, she moved to Bedales School in Hampshire, to focus on drama and music.
15. After one year she dropped out and followed the career path of her sister, Poppy, into modelling.
16. Delevingne had her first modelling job at age ten in an editorial shot by Bruce Weber for Vogue Italia alongside model Lady Eloise Anson.
17. She signed with Storm Management in 2009.
18. She worked in the industry for a year before booking a paying job and went through two seasons of castings before landing her first runway show.
19. Delevingne was scouted by Burberry’s Christopher Bailey in 2012 while working part-time in the office of a fashion website.
20. Bailey cast her in the company’s spring/summer 2011 campaign.
21. Delevingne sings, plays the drums and the guitar.
22. Over 2011 and 2012, Delevingne wrote and recorded two albums of music under artist manager Simon Fuller and was subsequently offered a record deal.
23. Delevingne has designed two fashion collections for DKNY and Mulberry. Her DKNY capsule collection featured a variety of sporty street style items ranging from beanie hats to leather jackets.
24. Delevingne has also designed four collections for Mulberry featuring rucksacks and handbags. The collection also consisted of purses, iPad sleeves, phone covers, zipped pouches, and passport holders.
25. In October 2017, Delevingne made her debut as a novelist of young adult fiction with her new book Mirror, Mirror, which contains an LGBT theme, co-written with British writer Rowan Coleman.
26. In 2013, Delevingne was the most Googled fashion figure and the most re-blogged model on Tumblr.
27. In March 2014, she was included in The Sunday Times Magazine “100 Makers of the 21st Century” list of influential British people.
28. Delevingne was ranked 13th in the ‘Most Desirable Women’ category run by AskMen.
29. Delevingne is openly bisexual.
30. In June 2019, she confirmed she had been dating Ashley Benson for over a year.