Siletz is a city in Lincoln County, Oregon, United States. Take a look below for 10 fun and awesome facts about Siletz, Oregon, United States.
1. The population was 1,212 at the 2010 census.
2. The city is located next to the Siletz Reservation and is the site of the annual Nesika Illahee Pow Wow in August.
3. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.63 square miles (1.63 km2), all of it land.
4. As of the census of 2010, there were 1,212 people, 448 households, and 321 families living in the city.
5. The population density was 1,923.8 inhabitants per square mile (742.8/km2).
6. There were 483 housing units at an average density of 766.7 per square mile (296.0/km2).
7. The racial makeup of the city was 69.7% White, 0.4% African American, 18.4% Native American, 0.4% Asian, 0.2% Pacific Islander, 1.5% from other races, and 9.4% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.0% of the population.
8. There were 448 households, of which 33.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 50.7% were married couples living together, 14.7% had a female householder with no husband present, 6.3% had a male householder with no wife present, and 28.3% were non-families. 21.0% of all households were made up of individuals, and 7.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.
9. The average household size was 2.67 and the average family size was 3.07.
10. The median age in the city was 42 years. 24.5% of residents were under the age of 18; 7.1% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 21.4% were from 25 to 44; 32.9% were from 45 to 64; and 14.3% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 50.5% male and 49.5% female.