Candice Rene King is an American actress, singer and songwriter. She is best known for her regular role as Caroline Forbes on The CW supernatural drama series “The Vampire Diaries,” and her recurring role as the same character on the spin-off series “The Originals.” Take a look below for 20 more awesome and interesting facts about Candice King.
1. Accola was born in Houston, Texas, the daughter of Carolyn, who was an environmental engineer before becoming a homemaker, and Kevin Accola, a cardiothoracic surgeon.
2. She grew up in Edgewood, Florida and attended Lake Highland Preparatory School.
3. Both her parents are active members of the local Republican political party.
4. She has one younger brother.
5. In December 2006, King released her debut album, “It’s Always the Innocent Ones,” independently in the United States.
6. She co-wrote 12 of the 14 tracks on the record.
7. The remaining tracks were a cover of ‘Til Tuesday’s hit “Voices Carry” and American Hi-Fi’s “The Breakup Song” rewritten in a female version as “Our Breakup Song”.
8. In 2008, the album was re-released in Japan and achieved greater success.
9. King toured as a backing singer for Miley Cyrus‘s Best of Both Worlds Tour.
10. She appeared as herself in the 2008 3D concert film “Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert.”
11. In February 2011, King performed a cover of “Eternal Flame” by The Bangles on “The Vampire Diaries.”
12. King had guest appearances in a number of television series such as “How I Met Your Mother,” “Supernatural,” and “Drop Dead Diva.”
13. In July 2009, she starred in the horror film “Deadgirl” which centers on two high school boys who discover an immortal woman in an abandoned asylum.
14. In 2009, King had a bit-role in “The Hannah Montana Movie.”
15. In 2009, she was cast in the CW television series “The Vampire Diaries” as Caroline Forbes the bestfriend of Elena Gilbert and Bonnie Benett.
16. In June 2012, she joined the second season of the web series “Dating Rules From My Future Self,” as Chloe Cunningham, a 26-year-old girl who believes love does not exist.
17. Candice Accola began dating musician Joe King of The Fray after they met at a Super Bowl event in February 2012.
18. They became engaged in May 2013, and married on October 18, 2014, in New Orleans, Louisiana.
19. Upon her marriage, she became a stepmother to King’s two daughters from his first marriage.
20. In August 2015, it was announced that the couple were expecting their first child together. On January 15, 2016, King gave birth to a daughter, Florence May.