Aubrey Morgan O’Day is an American singer-songwriter, member of the duo Dumblonde, reality television personality, and a member of the girl group Danity Kane. Following discord among Danity Kane and with her mentor at the time, P. Diddy, O’Day was fired from the group in 2008, but reunited with them in 2013 before a second disbandment. Danity Kane reunited in 2018 as a trio. Take a look below for 30 more fun and interesting facts about Aubrey O’Day.
1. O’Day modeled for magazines such as Blender and Playboy, and performed on Broadway in “Hairspray.”
2. In 2011, she signed a solo record deal with SRC/Universal Motown Records, and released her debut EP “Between Two Evils” in 2013.
3. In 2015, O’Day formed the electropop duo Dumblonde with her fellow Danity Kane groupmate Shannon Bex.
4. O’Day has made appearances on reality television shows, including the fifth season of “Celebrity Apprentice,” “Famously Single” on the E! Network, and, most recently, she placed fifth on “Celebrity Big Brother 18.”
5. O’Day began performing at age five. “I lived on the stage, and even at six, slept behind the seats of the theater,” she stated in an interview.
6. According to her mother, when O’Day was four, she was at a performance of “The Nutcracker” and started to cry. Her mother asked her what was wrong and O’Day replied, “I’m sad that I’m sitting here and not up on stage.”
7. O’Day recalls that moment as the one in which she “officially” realized her love for entertainment.
8. O’Day played lead characters in various musical productions, including Dorothy in “The Wizard of Oz,” Carmen in “Fame,” Sandy in “Grease,” Liesl in “The Sound of Music,” Tzeitel in “Fiddler on the Roof,” and Mimi in “Rent.”
9. O’Day’s childhood leaned heavily toward auditions and acting gigs more than school.
10. The Notorious B.I.G. and Sean “Puffy” Combs were her primary influences as a child.
11. O’Day attended La Quinta High School.
12. She later majored in political science and drama and graduated with a degree in political science from University of California, Irvine, and is a member of the Alpha Chi Omega sorority.
13. O’Day was discovered in 2004 on the MTV reality show “Making the Band 3,” founded by Sean “Diddy” Combs, and emerged as the show’s breakout star.
14. In 2008, O’Day ranked #86 on Maxim’s Hot 100 list, #81 on Blender’s 100 Hottest People list, and posed for the magazines.
15. She walked the catwalk at Heatherette’s Fall 2007 runway show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week held on February 6, and recorded a song with R&B singer Cupid written and produced by D. Harold; Mischke, and T. Thomas, whose title is “Do Yo Dance” and was the new single from Cupid’s album “Time for a Change.”
16. In January 2008, O’Day briefly became the face of “Famous Stars and Straps.”
17. She later made a cameo appearance in Estelle’s music video for “Pretty Please” in August 2008.
18. Further utilizing her success, she started her own clothing line called Heart on My Sleeve, which features T-shirts and accessories available only online.
19. She posed topless for men’s magazine Complex, their November 2008 issue.
20. In late 2008, O’Day made a guest appearance on the reality show “50 Cent: The Money and the Power.”
21. She later agreed to be the cover-girl for Playboy for the March 2009 issue.
22. She has done features for GQ, In Touch Weekly and Us Weekly.
23. In 2013, she was a guest judge for episode eight of RuPaul’s Drag Race season five.
24. In 2016, she was a contestant on “Celebrity Big Brother UK Season 18.”
25. After graduating from high school and while attending University of California Irvine, O’Day spent a semester at sea. She worked with service organizations while touring in different countries, as well as refugee centers, orphanages, and mostly with children with AIDS.
26. She volunteered for The Pink Project, a charity photo-book supporting RAINN and the Los Angeles Breast Cancer Alliance, and helped victims of the Hurricane Katrina devastation.
27. During the 2008 presidential election campaign in the United States, O’Day supported Barack Obama for President.
28. On “The Wendy Williams Show” on August 12, 2008, O’Day stated that she previously dated DJ Cassidy. She dispelled rumors of ever having plastic surgery or dating boss Sean Combs.
29. In an August 2008 interview with Broadway.com, she said she was increasingly irritated with people pigeonholing her sexuality, stating that she looks for “incredible passion and honest love” and not at gender.
30. In 2009, while on the show Chelsea Lately, when asked about being bisexual, she replied, “Generally, I don’t like to label myself… I want to find someone I’m passionate about, and I don’t want to limit myself to one segment of the population.”