Ashley Michelle Tisdale is an American actress, singer and producer. During her childhood, Tisdale was featured in over 100 advertisements and had minor roles in television and theater. Take a look below for 30 more fun and fascinating facts about Ashley Tisdale.
1. She achieved mainstream success as Maddie Fitzpatrick in the Disney Channel series “The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.”
2. This success was heightened when she starred as Sharpay Evans in the “High School Musical” franchise.
3. The film series proved to be a huge success for Disney and earned a large following.
4. The success of the films led to Tisdale signing with Warner Bros. Records, releasing her debut album, “Headstrong,” through the label.
5. The album was a commercial success, earning a gold certification from the Recording Industry Association of America.
6. She starred as Candace Flynn in the animated series “Phineas & Ferb” from 2007 to 2015.
7. Tisdale’s second studio album, “Guilty Pleasure,” was released to less commercial success than its predecessor.
8. Tisdale would part ways with Warner Bros. Records following the release of the album. During this time, Tisdale began appearing in more films and returned to television with shows such as “Hellcats.”
9. Tisdale’s production company Blondie Girl Productions, first formed in 2008, signed a multi-year production deal with Relativity Media in 2010; Tisdale would produce shows such as “Miss Advised” as part of the deal.
10. Tisdale starred in the “High School Musical” spin-off film “Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure”, releasing a soundtrack to promote the film. This marked her final portrayal of the character to date.
11. Tisdale announced work on her third studio album in 2013, releasing the promotional single “You’re Always Here”.
12. She had the leading role in the horror comedy film “Scary Movie 5.”
13. Tisdale has continued to appear in television roles, joining the main cast of “Clipped.”
14. She also served as executive producer of the ABC Family television series “Young & Hungry.”
15. In 2018, Tisdale returned to music with the release of the singles “Voices in My Head” and “Love Me & Let Me Go”.
16. Her third studio album and first in a decade, “Symptoms,” was released in May 2019.
17. In September 2015, Tisdale was named the creative director of Signorelli.
18. In 2016, she launched her own makeup brand, Illuminate Cosmetics.
19. Tisdale began dating singer Christopher French in 2012; the couple wed in 2014.
20. Tisdale was born in Monmouth County, New Jersey to Lisa Morris and contractor Michael Tisdale.
21. Her father is Christian and her mother is Jewish; she was raised with “a little bit of both” religions.
22. Tisdale’s elder sister Jennifer is an actress and producer.
23. She is also related to businessman Ron Popeil through her maternal grandfather Arnold Morris who was best known for being a pitchman for the Ginsu knife.
24. At the age of three, Tisdale met her manager, Bill Perlman, at a New Jersey mall. He sent her to various auditions for commercials, and she was placed in more than one hundred national network TV advertisements as a child.
25. She began her theatrical career by appearing in “Gypsy: A Musical Fable” and “The Sound of Music” at Monmouth County’s Jewish Community Center.
26. Tisdale was eight years old when she was cast to play the part of Cosette in the musical “Les Misérables,” and only recalled taking a single singing lesson before landing the role.
27. When Tisdale was 12 years old, she sang for then-President Bill Clinton during an event at the White House as part of a troupe.
28. Tisdale has supported various charitable organizations and causes during her career. She collaborated with the Make a Wish Foundation in 2008 by visiting sick children in hospitals and helping to raise funds for the organization.
29. Tisdale is also a supporter of Habitat for Humanity, a charity devoted to building homes for people in need.
30. In 2012, she became the face of Project Pink, a campaign launched by Puma SE to raise money for the research of breast cancer treatments. As part of the campaign, she visited Los Angeles’ BEST After School Enrichment Program at Pacoima Charter School in California and presented each child that attended with shoes, clothes, and gift cards.