Orbeetle is a dual-type Bug/Psychic Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. It evolves from Dottler starting at level 30. It is the final form of Blipbug. Orbeetle has a Gigantamax form. Take a look below for 29 fun and amazing facts about Orbeetle.
1. Orbeetle is a beetle like Pokemon with a large head that resembles the body of a ladybug.
2. The shell is red with seven black spots and a black underside.
3. Its face is black and white with yellow antenna that resembles eyebrows and blue eyes with white rings.
4. Its actual body is much smaller.
5. It is mostly black with thin limbs and sharp yellow legs.
6. Its arms have two claws and its feet are pointed.
7. Orbeetle are famous for their large brains and high intelligence.
8. Its large brain is proof of the immense psychic power it possesses.
9. Orbeetle emits its psychic powers to study and observe its surroundings, including objects over six miles away.
10. Because of their power, Orbeetle rarely use their wings to fly, but use their psychic powers to lift their entire bodies, much like Alakazam.
11. As Gigantamax Orbeetle, its body and brain drastically increase in size to resemble a flying saucer.
12. Its wings disappear when in this form.
13. The black spot on its head change to blue with white rings.
14. Underneath the brain is five yellow half-orbs, each having three blue rings that split the orb into three, with a fourth black circle underneath it.
15. At the center is a blue half-orb connected by nine blue lines.
16. The orb shines a bright light that can move around similar to a flying saucer.
17. Three red clouds float underneath blue orb.
18. The rest of Orbeetle’s body is infused into a black orb with blue lines.
19. These lines connect to blue half circles which are connected to the head, arms, and legs.
20. As a result, its psychic power and intelligence have become overwhelming.
21. Should Gigantamax Orbeetle use a slight bit of power it has, it can control the minds of every living being within the vicinity.
22. Gigantamax Orbeetle is the only known Pokémon capable of using the exclusive G-Max Move G-Max Gravitas.
23. No Pokémon have the same type combination as Orbeetle and its pre-evolution.
24. Orbeetle may be based on a ladybug, specifically Coccinella septempunctata, and a cartoonish “mad scientist” robot.
25. It may also take inspiration from hypnosis and brainwashing.
26. In addition, its high-level intellect, the enlargement of its brain, and its observant cold nature may be a reference to stereotypical supervillains common in popular culture, whose shared objective is to achieve world domination via mind control.
27. Orbeetle’s Gigantamax form may be based on common depictions of UFOs.
28. Orbeetle may be a combination of orb, orbit, orbital, and lady beetle.
29. A Gigantamaxed Orbeetle first appeared in a fantasy as a silhouette in the Sword & Shield chapter.