Gulpin is a Poison type Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves into Swalot starting at level 26. Take a look below for 28 awesome and interesting facts about Gulpin.
1. Gulpin is a round, green, amorphous Pokemon.
2. It has a black diamond marking on its back and a yellow feather-like adornment on its head.
3. A female has a shorter feather than a male.
4. Its face consists of puckered lips and slanted eyes that are usually closed.
5. It has two stubby appendages that are the same shape as its lips.
6. It swallows anything of its own size whole, since its stomach comprises most of its body.
7. Its heart and brain are very small in comparison to its stomach.
8. The unique stomach acid it has allows it to digest almost anything.
9. When it is digesting, vile, overpowering gases are expelled.
10. It lives in grasslands and savannas.
11. Gulpin is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 302.
12. Gulpin can be seen as a parallel to Baltoy. Both of them are Generation III Pokémon. Gulpin is exclusive to Pokémon SoulSilver, while Baltoy is exclusive to Pokémon HeartGold, with both Pokémon found in a Pokémon outbreak in the same locations in their respective versions. Additionally, both can be snagged as Shadow Pokémon in Pokémon XD at the Cipher Lab, with both Pokémon having the same Shadow move, Shadow Blitz.
13. Gulpin may be based on a single, giant poison gland or even a gallbladder, the green sac-like organ that stores gastric acid. It also shares similarities with some snake species known to swallow their prey whole, though its general shape resembles a slug.
14. Gulpin could be a shortening of gulping (swallowing). It may also be a combination of gulp and sculpin, as its appearance vaguely resembles the related blobfish.
15. Multiple Gulpin debuted in Gulpin it Down, where they were eating all of the food in the harbor city Ash and his friends were in. Because of this, Professor Jacuzzi made several efforts to stop them, but one such effort wound up enlarging one of the Gulpin, as well as Ash’s Treecko. Both were eventually restored.
16. Multiple Gulpin appeared in Defending the Homeland! and Beyond the Rainbow! as Pokémon that lived in the wetlands that Ash’s Goodra was from. They reappeared in Master Class is in Session! and Performing a Pathway to the Future! to watch Serena’s performance along with the rest of the wetland Pokémon. They appeared once again in A Diamond in the Rough!, when Ash and his friends returned to the wetlands.
17. A Gulpin appeared in Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel as a resident of the Nebel Plateau. It was particularly close to the Volcanion guarding Nebel Plateau. Sometime ago, it had been abandoned by a Trainer whose last act before departure was to hug it. As a result, Gulpin came to associate hugging with abandonment, which nearly strained its newly-formed relationship with Ash when he also hugged it. Later, it helped Clemont to break the bonds holding Ash and Volcanion together by using Gastro Acid.
18. A Gulpin appeared in Lights, Camerupt, Action! as an actor in one of Elijah’s movies.
19. A Trainer’s Gulpin appeared in a flashback in Curbing the Crimson Tide!, where it was revealed to be one of the Pokémon defeated by a disguised Scizor known as “Red Lightning”.
20. A Gulpin appeared in A Blustery Santalune Gym Battle!.
21. A Gulpin appeared in Clemont’s Got a Secret!.
22. A Gulpin appeared in A Jolting Switcheroo!.
23. A Gulpin appeared in A PokéVision of Things to Come!.
24. A Gulpin appeared in A Battle by Any Other Name!.
25. A Gulpin appeared in The Bonds of Evolution!.
26. A Gulpin appeared in Heroes – Friends and Faux Alike!.
27. A Trainer’s Gulpin appeared in Dreaming a Performer’s Dream!.
28. Multiple Gulpin appeared in a flashback in A Slippery Encounter! and An Oasis of Hope!.