Swalot is a Poison type Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves from Gulpin starting at level 26. Take a look below for 21 awesome and fascinating facts about Swalot.
1. Swalot is a tall, purple, amorphous Pokemon.
2. It has red, beady eyes and yellow whiskers.
3. A female Swalot has shorter whiskers than a male.
4. It has puckered lips and can fit an automobile tire in its mouth.
5. Its hands have three fingers.
6. It has a single row of black rhombi running across its midsection, and can expand and contract its body at will.
7. It is capable of swallowing anything whole, and can digest anything except its own stomach lining.
8. It covers prey and opponents with powerful poison.
9. It lives in grasslands and savannas.
10. Swalot is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 467.
11. Swalot may be based on a single, giant poison gland.
12. It may also be based upon a generic organism that uses pseudopodia.
13. Its general shape resembles a slug.
14. Swalot may be a combination of swallow and a lot.
15. Swalot debuted in Deceit and Assist, under the ownership of Anthony. He had been training it since it was a Gulpin. It was used to compete in the Grand Festival, during which it battled May and lost.
16. A Swalot appeared in From Brags to Riches, under the ownership of Dominick. He used his Swalot and Tropius in a battle against Ash, where they battled Corphish and Torkoal. However, Corphish ultimately managed to defeat Swalot. It reappeared in a flashback in the next episode.
17. Paul’s brother, Reggie, owns a Swalot, which appeared in Lost Leader Strategy!. Reggie used Swalot in his battle against Ash, where it battled Staravia and was able to defeat it.
18. A Swalot that was painted to look like a Grimer was shown at the Pokémon Dress-Up Contest in All Dressed Up With Somewhere To Go!.
19. A Trainer’s Swalot appeared in Summer of Discovery!.
20. Unlike its pre-evolution, Swalot has only made one key appearance in the Pokémon Adventures manga, being one of the Factory Pokémon, alongside Electrode, fighting Pike Queen Lucy and Palace Maven Spenser in Swanky Showdown with Swalot. Although it seemingly won using a Hyper Beam after putting the former’s Seviper to sleep, the serpent awoke using its Shed Skin ability and counterattacked with a Dig maneuver, defeating it.
21. The Battle Tower rented a Swalot, which was stolen by Guile Hideout in The Final Battle VII.