Roselia is a dual type Grass and Poison Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves from Budew when leveled up with high friendship during the day and evolves into Roserade when exposed to a Shiny Stone. Take a look below for 26 fun and fascinating facts about Roselia.
1. Roselia is a small, light green bipedal Pokemon.
2. It has three thorns on top of its head, and it has black eyes with long eyelashes.
3. Visible from the back is a small stretch of yellow coloration around its neck much like a collar.
4. There are leaves extending from its shoulders like epaulettes.
5. It has a leaf skirt with a yellow stripe running down the front.
6. A male will have a shorter skirt than a female.
7. It holds a rose in each of its hands, a red one in its right and a blue one in its left. However, it is said that it will occasionally have unusually colored flowers.
8. Roselia’s aroma brings serenity, but the thorns on its head contain a vicious poison.
9. The more healthy it is, the more pleasant its flowers’ aroma.
10. It can lull opponents to sleep using its former signature move, Grass Whistle.
11. It shoots sharp thorns at anything that tries to steal its flowers, and uses different poisons in each hand when it attacks.
12. It lives in grassy areas where it drinks nutrient-rich spring water.
13. Roselia is the only Pokémon to receive both a pre-evolution and an evolution in the same generation.
14. Roselia and its evolution are the only Poison-type Pokémon in the Fairy Egg Group.
15. In 2007, employees of Nintendo of America put Heracross up on the Global Trade Station for a Japanese Roselia.
16. Roselia is one of fourteen Pokémon that one can collect foreign Pokédex entries for in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl.
17. Roselia are based on rose bushes. Its humanoid design, connection to flowers, and one of its Egg Groups suggest that it is also based on fairies.
18. Roselia is a combination of rose and azalea or buddleia.
19. Roselia debuted in Now That’s Flower Power!, where one was shown as Drew’s signature Pokémon. It has been used in many Pokémon Contests since. It evolved into Roserade at some point between The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing! and A Full Course Tag Battle!, while Drew was in Johto.
20. Nando owned a Roselia, which evolved from his Budew in Dawn of a New Era! during a battle against Ash and his Pikachu; Pikachu ultimately won. It later evolved into Roserade at some point prior to Coming Full-Festival Circle!.
21. A Roselia appeared in Candid Camerupt, under the ownership of Victoria of the Winstrate family. She used it in a battle against May.
22. A Roselia appeared in Cheer Pressure, under the ownership of Sheridan. Along with Vileplume, Shroomish, and Makuhita, it was part of his cheering squad. Sheridan later assigned it to heal James’s Cacnea and Jessie’s Seviper with Aromatherapy.
23. A Roselia appeared in Cilan and the Case of the Purrloin Witness!, under the ownership of Mr. Shaw. It was used to put Mrs. Ripple’s Watchog asleep while its Trainer tried to take a look at the prize “Eye of Liepard” jewel.
24. A Roselia appeared in Pikachu and the Pokémon Music Squad. It was one of the Pokémon residing in a forest.
25. A Roselia appeared in A Fan with a Plan.
26. A Coordinator’s Roselia appeared in Mean With Envy.