Lickitung is a Normal type Pokemon introduced in Generation I. Starting in Generation IV, it evolves into Lickilicky when leveled up while knowing Rollout. Take a look below for 27 awesome and fascinating facts about Lickitung.
1. Lickitung is a bipedal Pokemon with a round body and a thick, powerful tail.
2. It has soft, pink skin with curved yellow lines on its belly and a yellow ring marking on each knee.
3. It has a thumb-like claw on each hand and a single large nail on each foot.
4. There is a yellow spot on its palms and the soles of its feet.
5. It has beady eyes and a long, prehensile tongue.
6. The tongue is likely connected to its tail, which twitches when the tongue is pulled.
7. At over 6 feet 6 inches (2 meters), Lickitung’s tongue is twice as long as its body.
8. Sticky, smelly saliva coats its tongue, which causes a tingling sensation when touched and can cause rashes if not cleaned off.
9. It is used for capturing prey, exploring its environment and cleaning. However, it is questionable if its saliva is clean in the first place as whatever it cleans has a lingering smell.
10. Lickitung remembers things by their texture and taste, although it apparently dislikes sour things.
11. The tongue is both dexterous and powerful enough to lift people, as seen in the anime.
12. Lickitung can be found in grassy plains and meadows.
13. In the Pokémon Red and Blue beta, Lickitung was originally known as “Tonguetyd”.
14. Its Red/Blue and LeafGreen Pokédex data compares Lickitung’s extensible tongue to that of a chameleon, a real-world lizard.
15. Lickitung was incorrectly referred to as a Fighting-type Pokémon in the Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen Prima game guide.
16. Lickitung’s name was misspelled “Likitung” in the Kanto Pokérap.
17. Lickitung was listed in the credits of the N64 game Paperboy under the heading Special Edition Thanks.
18. Lickitung may have been based on any number of lizards with extending tongues, particularly the blue-tongued skink or maybe even chameleons.
19. It also shares traits with anteaters.
20. Lickitung could also be an Iguanodon, as it shares its characteristic “thumbs” with it. In addition, Lickitung may be based on the Akaname, a mythical yōkai with a single claw on each foot and a gigantic tongue.
21. Akaname are known to lick filth out of bathhouses, similar to Lickitung’s habit of licking dirty things clean.
22. Lickitung is a combination of lick and a corruption of tongue.
23. Lickitung debuted in Princess Versus Princess. Jessie caught it and used in the Queen of the Princess Festival contest against Misty. After defeating Ash’s Pikachu and Bulbasaur and Brock’s Vulpix, it lost to Misty’s Psyduck. Jessie accidentally traded her Lickitung for Benny’s Wobbuffet in Tricks Of The Trade.
24. A Lickitung appeared in PK15, where it used Lick on a Cubone‘s face. In response, Cubone pulled on its tongue to the point where it touched the ground.
25. A Lickitung appeared in a flashback in A Seasoned Search!, under the ownership of Ulu. It made its physical debut in Sours for the Sweet!. Ulu used it to help sort the sour Grepa Berries from the sweet ones for use in the Alola Bread Festival. It later left Alola on a ship alongside Ulu. Lickitung reappeared in Battling Besties!.
26. A Lickitung appeared as an image in The Ultimate Test.
27. A Lickitung appeared in Pikachu’s Vacation as one of the Pokémon seen at the Pokémon Theme Park.