Cubone is a Ground type Pokemon introduced in Generation I. It evolves into Marowak starting at level 28., In Alola, Cubone evolves into Alolan Marowak when leveled up at night starting at level 28. Take a look below for 27 amazing and interesting facts about Cubone.
1. Cubone is a small, bipedal Pokemon with a light brown hide that covers most of its body, except for its cream-colored belly.
2. Two small claws, one on each hand, serve as its thumbs, and one large nail on each foot make up its toes.
3. It has two small spikes on its back and a short tail.
4. On its head, Cubone wears the skull of its dead mother as a helmet. Because of this, much of its actual face has never been seen, except for its triangular, black eyes and a small area surrounding them.
5. The skull has two rounded horns on the top of its head and a tooth-like point on the lower sides.
6. Under the skull, Cubone has a brown snout.
7. The small Cubone survives only through the immense skill it possesses in wielding the bone it carries as a weapon.
8. The bone allows it to learn Bone Club and Bonemerang, two moves exclusive to Cubone and its evolution Marowak.
9. It and its evolution are also the only Pokémon capable of using the Thick Club item.
10. It is called the Lonely Pokémon because of its tendency to keep to itself and avoid social situations, due to the trauma caused by the death of its mother.
11. Cubone will often weep at night in mourning of its mother.
12. When Cubone cries, the skull that it wears on its head vibrates and emits “a plaintive and mournful sound.”
13. On the night of a full moon, the cries are said to be especially terrible.
14. Cubone seems to recognize its mother in the moon, and so it howls with a particular sadness.
15. Its cries attract Mandibuzz, a natural predator.
16. Cubone lives in rocky areas, usually on mountains or in caves.
17. It also once inhabited the Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town where deceased Pokémon were buried and mourned.
18. In the Pokémon Red and Blue beta, Cubone was originally known as “Orphon,” a corruption of the word “orphan,” based on its abandonment at birth.
19. Cubone is Midori Harada’s favorite Pokémon.
20. Cubone is one of the Pokémon that appears in the Pokémon 151 clothing line.
21. Cubone is the only Pokémon that can evolve into a dual-type Pokémon that doesn’t share any types with its evolution.
22. A Japanese trading card, which features Cubone using the move Growl, partially reveals Cubone’s face.
23. While Alolan Marowak shares the Ability Rock Head with Cubone, Cubone is unable to retain this Ability after evolving in the Alola region. This is because Cubone’s Rock Head is its first Ability, while Alolan Marowak’s Rock Head is its Hidden Ability. It shares this trait with Tyrogue and Hitmontop’s Ability Steadfast.
24. Cubone is reptilian in nature and seems to be loosely based on bipedal dinosaurs.
25. It also could be based on primitive cultures that wore bones for decoration and used them for weapons.
26. The use of its bone as a boomerang and as a weapon at the same time seems to be a reference to the boomerang’s original use for hunting in Indigenous Australian cultures.
27. Cubone may be a combination of cub or cute, and bone.