Psyduck is a Water type Pokemon introduced in Generation I. It evolves into Golduck starting at level 33. Take a look below for 25 fun and fascinating facts about Psyduck.
1. Psyduck is a yellow Pokemon resembling a duck or bipedal platypus.
2. On top of its head are three thick strands of black hair and it has a wide, flat cream-colored beak.
3. Its eyes seem vacant and have tiny pupils.
4. Its legs and tail are stubby, and it has cream-colored webbed feet.
5. There are three claws on each of its hands.
6. Psyduck is constantly stunned by its headache and is unable to think very clearly.
7. It usually stands immobile, trying to calm its headache. However, when its headache becomes too severe, it releases tension in the form of strong psychic powers.
8. The use of these powers produces brain waves identical to those seen in sleepers, and the Pokémon is unable to recall these episodes.
9. Psyduck lives in freshwater lakes and small ponds, but can be seen in rivers in tropical areas as shown in Pokémon Snap.
10. Psyduck, along with Golduck, has appeared in every regional Pokédex. This is due to the Unova Pokédex’s expansion in Pokémon Black and White 2.
11. Psyduck is one of fourteen Pokémon that one could collect foreign Pokédex entries for in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl.
12. Psyduck requires the most loops with the Capture Styler to be captured in Pokémon Ranger, surpassing even Metagross.
13. Junichi Masuda has revealed that Psyduck was considered for the role of Pikachu’s counterpart in Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Let’s Go, Eevee! instead of Eevee, but it was ultimately not chosen due to it being deemed too similar in color to Pikachu.
14. Psyduck is Junichi Masuda’s favorite Pokémon.
15. Psyduck’s design appears to draw inspiration from both ducks and platypuses.
16. Its yellow coloration, proportions, and simple anatomy seem to draw from the appearance of rubber ducks in particular.
17. Psyduck is a combination of psychic (referring to its mental powers) and duck.
18. Psyduck debuted in Hypno’s Naptime, where Misty accidentally caught it. Despite being generally shown as dimwitted and oblivious, when its headache gets bad enough, it has been shown to use phenomenally powerful Psychic type moves, which far exceed its normal ability.
19. A Psyduck appeared in Bye Bye Psyduck, under the ownership of Marina. It wasn’t as dopey as the Psyduck Misty had, and even proved itself to be rather strong in battle, managing to defeat Staryu. However, it lost against a wild Golduck that Misty used under the belief that her Psyduck had evolved into it.
20. A Psyduck appeared in Mewtwo Strikes Back, where it was cloned from Misty’s Psyduck and participated in the battle between the original Pokémon and the cloned Pokémon. It reappeared in Mewtwo Returns.
21. A Psyduck appeared in Sitting Psyduck, under the ownership of Emily. It didn’t like having a pampered lifestyle and kept running away from her.
22. A Psyduck appeared in Not on MY Watch Ya Don’t!, where Team Rocket used it as part of their scheme.
23. Eleven Psyduck appeared in The Psyduck Stops Here!; they consisted of six parents, three babies and two more swimming in a lake. Three of the parents were blocking the path that Ash and his friends needed to pass on their way to Celestic Town. The Psyduck were initially unable to return to their real home, Lake Psyduck, due to three Muk.
24. A Psyduck appeared in a fantasy in Dig Those Diglett!.
25. Two Psyduck appeared in Flower Power as parts of Florando’s annual Pokémon Exhibition.