Blackheart is a fictional character that appears in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character is usually depicted as an adversary to the superhero Ghost Rider. Take a look below for 25 more interesting and weird facts about Blackheart.
1. Blackheart was created by writer Ann Nocenti and artist John Romita Jr.
2. He first appeared in Daredevil #270.
3. Blackheart is a demonic entity and the son of Mephisto, as such, he’s a creature of immense supernatural power and pure evil that’s comparable to an arch-demon in status.
4. Blackheart is more than a match for any of Earth’s heroes and has faced many of Marvel’s greatest heroes in battle.
5. In the comics, Blackheart is said to be made of evil that has accumulated in Christ’s Crown, New York over many centuries.
6. When Blackheart was first introduced, he was fascinated by the very concept of evil and seemed to want to learn more about it.
7. Mephisto has another child of his own named Mephista, which makes her a sister to Blackheart.
8. Blackheart is the main antagonist of the Ghost Rider movie because he had bigger plans than anyone else. However, it was Mephisto who initiated the movie’s storyline by convincing Johnny to sign the deal.
9. He’s incredibly strong and is known to lift in excess of 100 tons.
10. He’s capable of running and moving at speeds greater than even the best human athletes.
11. The tissues of Blackheart’s body are considerably tougher and more resistant to injury than the tissues of a human being making his body virtually invulnerable to conventional injury.
12. Blackheart is capable of withstanding great impact forces, high caliber bullets, exposure to temperature and pressure extremes and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury.
13. His telekinetic powers can rip entire planets apart by his sheer force of will.
14. He’s able to enter and leave different planes of existence and dimensions at will.
15. Blackheart has the ability to alter his size and alter his physical form.
16. Despite his superhuman durability, it’s possible to injure Blackheart. However, his unique physiology and mystical energies enable him to rapidly recover from almost any form of injury.
17. He can generate various forms of energies for destructive purposes such as powerful concussive blasts of black energy.
18. Unlike his father, Mephisto, Blackheart can capture a soul against the will of the person he’s stealing it from.
19. While he’s in Hell, Blackheart has demonstrated the power to control millions of minds at once.
20. Blackheart can teleport himself and others to the Darkforce Dimension, where he’s omnipotent and omnipresent.
21. As a demon, Blackheart is functionally immortal. He’s immune to the effects of aging and is immune to all known Earthly diseases and infections. He is also beyond the need for food, water, or oxygen.
22. Ghost Rider’s Penance Stare doesn’t affect Blackheart, in fact, it makes him stronger due to the ability making its victim relieve all their misdeeds at once; misdeeds are Blackheart’s source of power.
23. Any time Blackheart is killed, he returns to Hell and regenerates there for some time before returning.
24. Blackheart appears as a boss in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and is voiced by David Sobolov. In the game, he’s a member of Doctor Doom’s Masters of Evil.
25. Blackheart appears in the Ghost Rider video game and is voiced by Robin Atkin Downes. In the game, he can take forms that resemble both his movie and comic book versions’ appearances.