Frank Stephenson Dillane, born April 21, 1991, is an English actor, best known for his portrayal of Nick Clark on Fear the Walking Dead, and for playing Tom Riddle in the movie Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Take a look below for 25 more interesting and awesome facts about Frank Dillane.
1. Frank Dillane was born in London, England.
2. He spent part of his childhood in Brixton, before moving to East Sussex, where he grew up in a creative environment.
3. His mother, Naomi Wirthner, is Afro-Jamaican. Wirthner manages a theater company called The Barebones Project.
4. His father, Stephen Dillane, is an actor who has starred in many movies and television series, such as Game of Thrones and The Tunnel, and was awarded a BAFTA TV Award for Best Actor on Television in 2009.
5. Dillane made his film debut at his father’s side as an extra in Welcome to Sarajevo, when he was six years old.
6. He became more widely known when he portrayed Tom Riddle, a teenage Lord Voldemort, in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
7. After passing his A-level examinations, Dillane was accepted to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and graduated in 2013, with a Bachelor of Arts in Acting.
8. In spit of the school rules specifying that actors aren’t permitted to accept professional acting work for the duration of the course, Dillane was allowed to play James Papadopoulos in the independent movie Papadopoulos & Sons, since it was filmed during summer holidays in 2011.
9. After Dillane was cast to play James Papadopoulos, his father decided to rearrange his own filming schedule to play Harry Papadopoulos at his side.
10. he has naturally brown eyes, and had to wear blue colored contacts for his role as Tom Riddle in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
11. He has a younger brother named Seamus.
12. To prepare himself for the role of Nick Clark in Fear the Walking Dead, he carried about Thomas De Quincy’s 1821 autobiography “Confessions of an English Opium-eater.”
13. He is the lead singer and bass guitarist for his band Tinker Wright.
14. Dillane has his own band called, Tinker Wright in East Sussex.
15. In July 2013, he played in Candida at Theater Royal, Bath, directed by Simon Godwin.
16. In 2013, Dillane played in In The Heart of the Sea, directed by Ron Howard. Dillane portrayed young sailor Owen Coffin in this adaption of a novel written by Nathaniel Philbrick, about the sinking of the whaler Essex in the Pacific Ocean.
17. In 2014, Dillane filmed the role of Keyes in Viena and the Fantomes, directed by Gerardo Naranjo. In the movie, he starred alongside Dakota Fanning.
18. Dillane appeared as Shugs in the Netflix 2015 series Sense8, directed by The Wachowskis.
19. He was cast in an adaption of Peter Goldsworthy’s best selling novel Maestro, which is to be directed by Catherine Jarvis.
20. Dillane is described by the production company Bow Street Films as having an, “amazing talent and screen presence.”
21. Dillane is the stage name that his famous actor father, Stephen Dillane adopted; his father was born with the surname Delaney.
22. He and Georgia Groome both acted in the 2012 family movie Papadopoulos and Sons.
23. The Strokes, Babyshambles, The Beatles, The Smiths and Bob Dylan are his favorite musicians.
24. His favorite biscuits are Custard Creams.
25. His favorite ice cream flavors are tiramisu and chocolate.