Hannah Jane Arterton, born January 26, 1989, is an English actress. She was born in Gravesend, Kent. She attended Gravesend Grammar School for Girls and graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in 2011. Take a look below for 21 more interesting and awesome facts about Hannah Arterton.
1. Arterton is best known for playing Emma Castle in the Netflix Original series Safe.
2. Her mother, Sally-Anne, runs a cleaning business and her father, Barry Arterton, is a metal worker.
3. Her parents divorced during her early childhood with Arterton growing up with her older sister and mother in a council estate.
4. Arterton reports being initially drawn to acting at the age of seven after watching a rehearsal of the musical The Wizard of Oz performed by The Miskin Theater in Dartford.
5. Her maternal great-grandmother was a German Jewish concert violinist.
6. She studied Performance and Music Technology at North Kent College’s Miskin Theater.
7. While studying at the North Ken College Miskin Theater, she provided backing vocals for a skiffle band, which resulted in a record deal offer that later collapsed.
8. A lecturer at The Miskin Theater convinced her to apply for the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, from which she later graduated in 2011.
9. During her final year at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, she was cast by Stephen Poliakoff in his play My City.
10. While at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, she formed a seven-piece cover band The Hitmen and Her, for which she is the lead singer.
11. After performing in the play, My City, with Tracey Ullman and Tom Riley at the Almeida Theater, Arterton was then cast as Korinna in the BBC television series Atlantis.
12. Her feature film debut was as a woman caught in a love triangle in the romantic musical Walking on Sunshine.
13. Her performance in Walking on Sunshine received generally positive reviews from critics.
14. In 2014, she starred in Hide and Seek, a romantic drama about a polyamorous commune which received the Edinburgh International Film Festival’s award for Best British Feature Film.
15. In 2016, she appeared in American crime novelist Harlan Coben’s television series The Five.
16. Later on in 2016, Arterton began working with director Paul Hyett on gothic horror movie Heretiks.
17. Arterton and Paul Hyett would work together again in 2018 on the science fiction thriller Peripheral.
18. She is the younger sister of Gemma Arterton.
19. She’s an accomplished singer and acoustic guitarist.
20. In 2015, Arterton appeared as Sophie in the movie Burn Burn Burn.
21. In 2013, Arterton appeared in the short film At First Sight as Avy.