Pheromosa is a dual-type Bug/Fighting Pokémon introduced in Generation VII. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon. It is one of the Ultra Beasts and is known by the code name UB-02 Beauty. Take a look below for 24 interesting and amazing facts about Pheromosa.
1. Pheromosa is an Ultra Beast that resembles an anthropomorphic, feminine cockroach.
2. It is primarily white with a thin build.
3. Its torso is composed of five thin discs that droop slightly downward.
4. The widest disc makes up its shoulders, the second widest its hips, and the two smallest its chest and waist.
5. There is a gold ovoid inside of the widest disc, where its long, thin neck protrudes from.
6. Its arms and legs are also long and thin with gold joints.
7. Its hands and feet are both composed of two golden claws.
8. Pheromosa has a small, semi-flattened head with a yellow, crown-like structure on top.
9. The two tallest points of the crown point to its long, thin antennae, which are white with small gold balls at the tips.
10. Attached to the back of its head are two structures resembling insect wings.
11. The wings are transparent, curve slightly inward, and reach nearly to the ground.
12. It has narrow, purple eyes with bright blue pupils.
13. According to Wicke from the Aether Foundation, Pheromosa’s lithe, elegant body is capable of sudden feats of acceleration, able to twitch its limbs at an estimated 120 mph (200 km/h) instantaneously, a speed previously unseen in the world.
14. It also produces a sort of disarming pheromone, which was described as “previously unknown to science” that causes those nearby to become awestruck by its presence.
15. It displays a considerable reluctance towards touching anything, as if it interprets the Pokémon world as being unclean somehow.
16. Pheromosa has the highest base Speed stat of all Fighting-type Pokémon.
17. In Pokémon Sun and Moon, Pheromosa has a catch rate of 255 and a base experience yield of 114.
18. Due to Beast Balls having a 5× catch rate modifier against Ultra Beasts, this means that they can never fail to catch a Pheromosa in Sun and Moon.
19. Pheromosa may be based on an American cockroach that has molted, which causes it to be white in color. It may also draw inspiration from a copepod.
20. Pheromosa may be a combination of pheromone and hermosa (Spanish for beautiful) or formosa (Italian for shapely; Portuguese for beautiful).
21. Pheromosa debuted in Beauty is Only Crystal Deep!, where it arrived in Alola through an Ultra Wormhole. It started attacking Trainers who possessed Z-Crystals and stole them, eventually building up a collection. Meowth later developed a crush on it and prevented the Ultra Guardians from catching it. Pheromosa was eventually defeated by Bewear, which allowed the Ultra Guardians to catch it and return it home.
22. Pheromosa debuted as a silhouette in The Final Match and a Surprising Finale!.
23. Pheromosa physically debuted in A Raid and Po Town. It was one of the Ultra Beasts used by Guzma to attack the invading Trial Captains and Hau at Po Town before later escaping to cause havoc on the rest of Ula’ula Island. It reappeared in Confusion and Monsters from Another World, Truth and the Mastermind Behind Team Skull, and Thieving and Boss Crabominable; and in a flashback in An Urgent Task and the Capture of an Ultra Beast.
24. Multiple Pheromosa appeared in PASM25.