Mamoswine is a dual type Ice and Ground Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. It evolves from Piloswine when leveled up while knowing Ancient Power. It is the final form of Swinub. Take a look below for 25 fun and interesting facts about Mamoswine.
1. Mamoswine resembles a woolly mammoth crossed with a boar.
2. Its brown fur is very thick to endure harsh cold and protect from snow and ice.
3. Its tusks, which are smaller on a female Mamoswine than on a male, are made of pure, solid ice.
4. Mamoswine has a blue mask-like pattern with a white rim around its face, resembling ski goggles.
5. The fur on its muzzle is tan and shaggy, and its nose resembles that of a pig.
6. Mamoswine’s feet are black with three thick toes, and its tail is small.
7. It can endure harsh cold and hunger for an almost indefinite amount of time, as indicated by a ten-thousand-year-old specimen reviving.
8. Mamoswine lived all around the world during the last ice age, but its population thinned when the climate grew warmer.
9. Mamoswine inhabit cold places, such as mountainous regions and frozen tundra.
10. Weavile is a natural predator of Mawoswine.
11. Mamoswine’s Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, SoulSilver, Black 2, White 2 and Y Pokédex entries are a reference to how woolly mammoths became extinct.
12. Mamoswine would have been obtainable in both Generation II and Generation III if it had existed, as Piloswine could learn Ancient Power in both generations. It shares this trait with Lickilicky.
13. No other Pokémon has the same type combination as Mamoswine and its pre-evolutions.
14. Mamoswine and its pre-evolutions are also the only Pokémon weak to the types of all three starter Pokémon.
15. Mamoswine appears to be based on a combination of a woolly mammoth and a wild boar. The blue around its eyes also resembles ski goggles.
16. Mamoswine is a combination of mammoth and swine.
17. Dawn has a Mamoswine, which evolved from a Piloswine in A Breed Stampede!, which also marked the species’ main series debut. There was a time where Mamoswine would not listen to Dawn’s commands, but it eventually realized how deeply she cared for it in Trials and Adulations! and started obeying her. Since then, Mamoswine became a reliable partner and was used in many Contest Battles.
18. Mamoswine debuted in Giratina and the Sky Warrior, where a herd helped Regigigas stop a sliding glacier that endangered a nearby Gracidea garden and several towns and villages.
19. A Mamoswine appeared in a flashback in Survival of the Striaton Gym!, under the ownership of Morana. It was seen battling and defeating Chili’s Pansear.
20. Multiple Mamoswine appeared in Over the Mountain of Snow!, including two of them that were hired by Ash and his friends to take a shortcut on Route 17.
21. A Mamoswine appeared in a fantasy in A Dancing Debut!.
22. Dawn’s Mamoswine appeared in PDP29.
23. Prior to Double Trouble with Dialga and Palkia I, Platinum was revealed to have caught a Mamoswine. She gave him to Diamond without using him, as he reminded her of the boy. He nicknamed him “Moo”.
24. In Hawlucha Attack, X and his friends rode on five Mamoswine while going through Kalos Route 17 to reach Anistar City, to meet Professor Sycamore at the Sundial.
25. Koya has a Mamoswine was used in the battle against Hareta in Hearts and Spirits Collide. It took down Regigigas with a single Take Down, then used Hail in combination with its Snow Cloak to dodge Empoleon’s Hydro Pump. However, Hareta was able to feel the vibrations created by Mamoswine’s charge, allowing him to locate and defeat it.