Porygon-Z is a Normal type Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. It evolves from Porygon2 when traded holding a Dubious Disc. It is the final form of Porygon. Take a look below for 24 fun and fascinating facts about Porygon-Z.
1. Although technically a virtual, manmade Pokemon, Porygon-Z does have a physical body.
2. Its head is fuchsia and ovoid in shape with a short, blunt antenna protruding upwards and a blue bill similar to that of a duck.
3. Its eyes are yellow and have black rings, similar to a bulls-eye.
4. The head is completely detached from the body and floats slightly above it.
5. Its smooth, ovoid body is fuchsia with a blue ring connecting its arms.
6. Two arms are loosely connected to its upper body and other than their blue color, have no features.
7. The tail is also blue and featureless, but slightly resembles a paddle.
8. Porygon-Z was given additional software in order to increase its abilities.
9. The initial idea was to give it the ability to travel through alien dimensions, though it did not work as planned.
10. Instead, the Pokémon begin showing highly erratic behavior and twitchy movements, making it difficult to work with for research.
11. This has been attributed to the incompetence of the engineer who faultily updated its programming.
12. Porygon-Z and its pre-evolutions are the only known Pokémon that can learn Conversion and Conversion 2.
13. Porygon-Z weighs exactly as much as Dawn. It shares this similarity with Weavile and Alolan Marowak.
14. The Dubious Disc’s name implies that Porygon-Z, unlike its pre-evolution, was not authorized by Silph Co.
15. In PokéPark Wii: Pikachu’s Adventure, Porygon-Z is referred to as a “he”, even though the Porygon line is genderless.
16. Porygon-Z’s pre-evolutions have their own signature Conversion move, but no new Conversion-style move was made for Porygon-Z.
17. Since no leveling up is required to evolve either Porygon or Porygon2, Porygon-Z is the only Pokémon to be evolved twice that can still be level 1.
18. Porygon-Z is the only Pokémon that evolves from a Pokémon that evolves via trading while holding an item.
19. Porygon-Z is tied with Drampa and Mega Pidgeot for the highest base Special Attack stat of all Normal-type Pokémon.
20. Like Porygon and Porygon2, it is based on a bird made with 3D computer graphics software. Its appearance with respect to Porygon2, as well as its un-programmed behaviors, suggest that it may be based on the concept of a computer virus having infected Porygon2, or maybe a reference to copyrighted software usually being patched by users to use all the features, but often causing bugs in the program.
21. Porygon-Z is a combination of polygon and Z, with Porygon being a corruption on polygon. Z may refer to the Z axis in 3D coordination systems or that Porygon-Z is the last of its evolutionary line (since the letter Z is last in the Latin alphabet). Alternatively, Z may be a corruption of 2 (as in Porygon2).
22. Porygon-Z’s only appearance in the anime was a cameo in the “World of Pokémon” opening of Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice, in which every Pokémon from the first five generations (apart from Genesect) appeared. It is currently believed that Porygon-Z will not properly appear and will not be mentioned in the anime as a result of the EP038 incident, and it is the only Generation IV Pokémon not to appear. Along with its pre-evolved form, it is also the only Pokémon prior to Generation VIII that is neither Legendary nor Mythical to not appear in the anime.
23. Io has a Porygon-Z, which is her main battler and only known Pokémon. She first used it to attack the Galactic Number 2 in Into The Hands Of Evil?!.
24. A Trainer’s Porygon-Z appeared in Deprogramming Porygon-Z, where it battled Platinum’s Empoleon at the Battle Castle.