Exploud is a Normal type Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves from Loudred starting at level 40. It is the final form of Whismur. Take a look below for 25 fun and interesting facts about Exploud.
1. Exploud is a blue, bipedal Pokemon with a large mouth.
2. It has red eyes, a stubby nose, and two peg-like teeth in each jaw.
3. It has protruding tubes with holes along its body: seven forming a crest on top of its head, one on each elbow and knee, two along its back, and one at the end of each of its two tails.
4. The tubes along its head-crest and tails are tipped with yellow, while the ones along its back have yellow semicircular patterns on either sides.
5. There are two yellow semicircle markings on its belly, but they are rarely seen due to its giant mouth.
6. Its arms have three thin stripes below its elbow and three fingers.
7. Each foot has four claws, three in the front and one in the back, and a yellow paw pad.
8. Exploud’s uses the tubes on its body to draw in air and increase its noise-based attacks.
9. Its bellowing is capable of triggering earthquakes and can be heard from over six miles away.
10. While it only raises its voice when it is in battle, it can also communicate its feelings to others by producing whistle-like sounds.
11. It lives in caves.
12. Exploud can learn the most sound-based moves, being able to use 11.
13. Exploud may be based on a pipe organ, a musical instrument known for its loud volume. The shape of its head share similarities with the frills of ceratopsid skulls, most notably Styracosaurus.
14. Exploud is a combination of explode and loud.
15. Exploud debuted in Exploud and Clear, evolving from Guy’s Loudred. After it evolved, it disobeyed and then left its Trainer. Later in the episode, Team Rocket tried to kidnap Exploud. When Exploud saw Guy defending it, it began to listen to him once again.
16. An Exploud appeared in Lights, Camerupt, Action!, where it played the role of a villain in a movie that Elijah and his Camerupt were delivering to a small village.
17. An Exploud appeared in Pikachu’s Island Adventure, where it, along with a Hariyama and Chatot, assisted Meowth and his cronies in claiming an island and kicking out its current residents. As a result, Pikachu and his friends agreed to help the original resident Pokémon reclaim the island.
18. Two Exploud appeared in Arceus and the Jewel of Life, under the ownership of Damos. In the original timeline set up by the movie, they were used by Damos, who was under Hypnosis, to attack Arceus with Shock Wave. When Ash and his friends traveled to the past to prevent this, Marcus, the one responsible for hypnotizing Damos, managed to use the Exploud again to attack Arceus.
19. An Exploud appeared in Team Rocket’s Shocking Recruit!, where it was causing trouble for Team Rocket.
20. An Exploud appeared in Splitting Heirs!, under the ownership of Blake and Heath’s father. It attacked Ash, his friends, Blake, and Heath; and was mistaken as a wild Pokémon at first. Then, it was revealed to be Blake and Heath’s father’s Pokémon, who once often helped them remember how well they got along.
21. An Exploud appeared in the Hoopa’s Surprise Ring Adventures short Wake Up, where it was among the Pokémon summoned by Hoopa to use their sound-based attacks to wake Ash, but to no avail.
22. An Exploud appeared in a fantasy in Pinch Healing!.
23. A Coordinator’s Exploud appeared in Team Shocker!, where it was seen participating in the Performance Stage of the Solaceon Contest.
24. An Exploud appeared in A Conspiracy to Conquer!, where it was among the Pokémon mind-controlled by an evil, psychopathic Malamar.
25. An Exploud appeared as an image in A Performance Pop Quiz!.