Christine Flores, better known as Christina Milian, is an American actress, singer and songwriter. Born in Jersey City, New Jersey, and raised in Maryland, Milian signed a contract with Def Jam at the age of 19. Take a look below for 30 more fun and interesting facts about Christina Milian.
1. Milian was born in Jersey City, New Jersey, and is Cuban American.
2. She was born to parents Don Flores and Carmen Milian, and raised in Waldorf, Maryland.
3. Flores changed her name and adopted her mother’s maiden name (Milian) in the hopes of landing a wider range of acting roles.
4. The oldest of three sisters, including Danielle and Elizabeth, she moved with her family to Waldorf, Maryland, soon after her birth.
5. Milian was four years old when she showed an interest in show business, and when her family realized that she was a talented actress, she became determined to pursue an entertainment career.
6. As a child, Milian was “very imaginative and very creative”, and watching television and listening to the radio became her life.
7. They inspired her to have fun, and she convinced her parents that she “did not want to be inside the TV”, although it took some time to convince them.
8. By the time she was nine years old, Milian had begun auditioning with local talent agencies, shot commercials for Wendy’s and Honeycomb, and played the lead role in the musical “Annie.”
9. Milian’s mother noticed her daughter’s potential and left her husband and moved to Los Angeles with her three daughters when Milian was 13 years old.
10. Her father had to stay in Maryland and divorced her mother soon after the move.
11. When Milian moved to Los Angeles, her only desire was to be an actress.
12. She always wanted to be in the record business, but did not know how to obtain a recording contract. During this time, she was a host for Disney Channel’s series “Movie Surfers,” by the name of Tina.
13. After living in Los Angeles for six months, Milian moved into the same apartment complex as songwriter and producer Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins.
14. Jerkins heard about Milian from a boy band he was working with and once he heard her sing, they began working together.
15. For a year and a half, Milian went into a studio every day and worked with Jerkins, which is where she started meeting people in the record business.
16. She began writing songs at the age of 17 because she needed a demo to help her obtain a recording contract.
17. According to Milian, every time she recorded a song, the producer would refuse to give her the demo, or would write lyrics that she did not agree with. She felt that she had to write a song, record a demo, and send it out on her own.
18. Milian made her first professional musical appearance on rapper Ja Rule’s second studio album “Rule 3:36,” performing vocals on the song “Between Me and You”.
19. Milian also co-owns Viva Diva Wines with her mother and manager Carmen Milian, as well as her publicist Robyn Santiago.
20. In October 2018 Milian turned her promotional efforts to the Canadian hubs of Calgary and Edmonton.
21. Milian met actor Nick Cannon on the set of their film, “Love Don’t Cost a Thing,” in 2003, and they began dating. After being together for two and a half years, Milian ended her relationship with Cannon in 2005 because of his cheating.
22. Cannon revealed that he refused to stay faithful to Milian because their relationship was becoming too much like a “Christian romance”.
23. In February 2009, reports emerged that Milian was dating musician The-Dream.
24. In late May 2009, it was reported that Milian and The-Dream were getting married, and the couple celebrated their engagement party in Las Vegas in June.
25. On September 11, 2009, it was announced that Milian and The-Dream were expecting their first child together. The Daily Mail reported that “the pregnancy was a surprise, but they were getting married regardless”. On February 26, 2010, Milian gave birth to their daughter, who was said to have “a full head of hair.”
26. The-Dream and Milian separated in late 2009, only three months after their wedding in September of that year. Their divorce was finalized on October 23, 2011.
27. In September 2010, Christina began dating James (“Jas”) Prince, Jr., son of Rap-A-lot Records CEO and impresario, James Prince.
28. In July 2014, it was rumored she was dating rapper Lil Wayne, with whom she attended the ESPY Awards.
29. Milian has been in a relationship with French singer M. Pokora since 2017 and in July 2019 the couple announced they are expecting their first child together.
30. In February 2010, Milian signed an Australian music duo, Kasey Osborne and Kelsey-Maree Eckstein, as their manager. Milian said, “the girls have everything it takes to be the biggest international pop duo out there.