Snubbull is a Fairy type Pokemon introduced in Generation II. Prior to Generation VI, it was a Normal type Pokemon. It evolves into Granbull starting at level 23. Take a look below for 25 fun and fascinating facts about Snubbull.
1. Snubbull is a pink, bipedal, bulldog like Pokemon with blue polka dots covering its body.
2. It has loose skin that drapes to cover the lower part of its body, giving it the appearance of a dress.
3. There is a small, blue ruff around its neck. It has a pronounced underbite, but it still has powerful jaws. Additionally, it has two earflaps that are flat, curved, and tipped with black, and a small, shiny black nose.
4. Its feet are beige with three toes and a circular pink paw pad, while its arms are short and stubby.
5. Snubbull, as seen in the anime, possesses the ability to use keen sense of smell to track things down. Despite this Pokémon’s fierce looking face, it is very playful and affectionate making it a popular companion among women.
6. According to The Complete Pokémon Pocket Guide, it is also very devoted and loyal.
7. It is not aggressive and tends to prefer to scare away its opponent rather than fight. However, it is saddened that others run from its frightening appearance.
8. Snubbull wander around urban areas.
9. The route that Snubbull swarms on in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum is also its National Pokédex number: 209.
10. Snubbull and its evolved form share their category with Clefairy and Clefable. They are all known as the Fairy Pokémon.
11. In early merchandise for Mewtwo Strikes Back, including the Pikachu’s Vacation novelization, Snubbull’s name is misspelled as Snubble.
12. Snubbull is named “Buru” in the Pokémon the First Movie Trading Cards.
13. Snubbull is based on a bulldog. Its category and type may reference the Cù-sìth, a mythological creature in Celtic mythology whose name literally translates to “dog fairy”. Snubbull’s typing as of Generation VI and appearance also give it the resemblance of a goblin.
14. Snubbull may be a combination of snub (a feeling of disdain, or a flattened nose) and bulldog. It may also be a play on snuggle.
15. During the early Johto saga, beginning in Snubbull Snobbery, a Snubbull chased Team Rocket’s Meowth and tried to bite his tail. She followed Meowth until evolving in The Trouble With Snubbull, and then returned home.
16. Snubbull debuted in Pikachu’s Vacation, where it led a quartet of Pokémon that was causing trouble for Pikachu and his friends at the Pokémon Theme Park.
17. A Snubbull appeared in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Team Go-Getters Out of the Gate!.
18. A Snubbull appeared in When Light and Dark Collide!, under the ownership of Carl. It was used in Carl’s show, playing a damsel in distress against Carl’s Hawlucha.
19. A Trainer’s Snubbull nicknamed Winthrop appeared in Snubbull Snobbery.
20. A Snubbull appeared in Jessie’s fantasy in Three Jynx and a Baby!.
21. A Snubbull appeared in Party Dancecapades!, under the ownership of a Pokémon Performer attending Monsieur Pierre’s dance party.
22. A Trainer’s Snubbull appeared in Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel.
23. A Snubbull appeared during a flashback in The Power of Us. Harriet revealed that it used to be her friend, but she lost it during a fire. As a result, this caused her to dislike Pokémon.
24. A Trainer’s Snubbull appeared in Battle Royal 151!, where it competed in the Battle Royal preliminary round of the Manalo Conference but ended up losing.
25. A Trainer’s Snubbull appeared in Battling on the Wing!, where it was watching the battles during the Manalo Conference.