Mankey is a Fighting type Pokemon introduced in Generation I. It evolves into Primeape starting at level 28. Take a look below for 25 awesome and interesting facts about Mankey.
1. Mankey is a simian Pokemon, similar to a New World monkey.
2. It is a bipedal and has a round body covered in whitish, shaggy fur.
3. Its nose is similar to a pig’s snout, and it has narrow, red eyes and triangular ears with brown insides.
4. Mankey’s three-fingered hands, two-toed feet, and the tip of its curved, prehensile tail are brown.
5. Along with Stufful, it is the smallest Fighting-type.
6. Mankey specializes in physical fighting and is very aggressive and short-tempered.
7. When angry, Mankey begins shaking and its breathing turns rough.
8. Its rage peaks quickly, preventing its victim from being able to flee.
9. It will rampage until it falls asleep, but its anger remains in its dreams.
10. This causes it to wake up and become furious all over again. However, this constant release of stress grants it a long life.
11. Mankey can be found in the mountains, where it lives in treetop colonies.
12. If one becomes enraged, the whole colony rampages for no reason.
13. If it loses sight of its colony or if it is left alone to rage, its loneliness causes it to become infuriated.
14. According to the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team games, Mankey’s preferred food is chestnuts. However, Mankey usually lacks the dexterity to peel them.
15. It becomes agitated and rage after attempting to peel a chestnut’s spiky shell. Additionally, it also appears to be fond of bananas in the anime.
16. Mankey may be considered a counterpart of Meowth. Both of them are Generation I Pokémon who evolve into their evolved forms at or above level 28. Mankey is exclusive to Pokémon Red, Gold, and HeartGold; while Meowth is exclusive to Blue, Silver, and SoulSilver. Also, in Black 2 and White 2, Curtis will trade the player a Mankey if the player is male, and Curtis will trade Mankey if the player is female. Additionally, both seem to have a similar color scheme.
17. According to Pokémon Sun and Moon, Mankey was designed by Shigeki Morimoto.
19. Mankey may be a combination of mad or man and monkey. It could also be a pun on cranky, referring to Mankey’s irritable personality.
20. In Primeape Goes Bananas, a wild Mankey stole Ash’s hat and then evolved into a Primeape. Ash caught it shortly afterward.
21. A Mankey appeared in A Tyrogue Full of Trouble as a member of a trio of Pokémon that was causing problems for a small town, with the other members being a Tyrogue and a Primeape. Kiyo was able to catch the Tyrogue, and the Mankey and Primeape joined up with him.
22. A Mankey appeared in Training Daze, where it was jointly owned by Jessie and Jubei. They used it at the Team Rocket Academy for a test. It lowered Jessie into a vault containing an Articuno statue, but due to the rope getting stuck, Mankey and Jubei had to pull Jessie and the statue up; proving to be too heavy, they dropped it, triggering the alarms and resulting in Mankey and Jubei being injured.
24. A Mankey appeared in The Kangaskhan Kid.
25. Mankey was one of the Yas Gym’s Pokémon in Showdown at Dark City.