Kirlia is a dual type Psychic and Fairy Pokemon introduced in Generation III. Prior to Generation VI, it was a pure Psychic type Pokemon. It evolves from Ralts starting at level 20 and evolves into Gardevoir starting at level 30 or, if male, into Gallade when exposed to a Dawn Stone. Take a look below for 25 awesome and fascinating facts about Kirlia.
1. Kirlia is a bipedal, humanoid Pokemon that appears to be wearing a tutu.
2. Most of its body is white, and there are three ruffles on each hip.
3. Beneath the ruffles, it has skinny green legs with long, pointed feet.
4. Its arms are also thin with two digits each.
5. It has green hair that covers most of its face and reaches its shoulders on either side, resembling two ponytails.
6. Large, red eyes are visible on either side of the hair that covers its face.
7. On each side of its head is a flat, red horn that resembles a hairpin.
8. Kirlia’s horns are used to amplify its psychokinetic power and distort the air around it.
9. The distortion in the air causes scenery mirages and can cause a rip in dimensions.
10. This ability also allows this Pokémon to see into the future.
11. It enjoys dancing on sunny mornings, and grows beautiful when exposed to a Trainer with positive emotions.
12. Kirlia inhabits urban areas.
13. Kirlia shares its category with Mesprit and Indeedee. They are all known as Emotion Pokémon.
14. Kirlia’s number in the Sinnoh Pokédex (Platinum only) and the Almia Browser are the same: 158.
15. As of Generation VIII, Kirlia and its evolutionary relatives are the only Pokémon that are in the Amorphous and Human-Like Egg Groups.
16. Kirlia resembles a ballerina.
17. Kirlia is derived from Kirlian photography, a special way of taking pictures that supposedly reveals psychic energy auras around subjects.
18. Kirlia debuted in Jirachi: Wish Maker, under the ownership of Butler. It was used for a magic act during the Millennium Festival, and later to fight an Absol.
19. A Kirlia appeared in Lights, Camerupt, Action!. Elijah used a Kirlia in a movie where it played the damsel in distress in the movie, being taken by an Exploud and later rescued by Plusle and Minun.
20. A wild Kirlia appeared in Do I Hear a Ralts? along with a Gardevoir. Both of them sent Team Rocket flying when they cornered Max and Snorunt while they were hurrying to send Ralts to the Pokémon Center. However, Kirlia and Gardevoir thought that Max was also trying to steal Ralts. When Ralts blocked Kirlia and Gardevoir’s Psychic, all hostilities were ignored and the two Pokémon left. Kirlia and Gardevoir appeared once more at the near-end of the episode to send James flying as Ralts had already launched Jessie and Meowth for posing as Gardevoir and Kirlia.
21. A Kirlia appeared in Fear Factor Phony as a resident of an abandoned mining colony. Jessie’s Wobbuffet fell in love with the Emotion Pokémon.
22. Two Kirlia appeared in Mutiny in the Bounty!. One appeared in a flashback, being one of Pokémon Hunter J’s stolen Pokémon. The other was used by Melodi so Ash and his friends could find out where J and her minions will strike next, after Ash’s Pikachu, Melodi’s Gardevoir, and Team Rocket’s Meowth were all stolen.
23. A male Kirlia appeared in Double-Time Battle Training!, under the ownership of Zoey. She used him, along with her Leafeon, in a Double Battle against Dawn’s Cyndaquil and Mamoswine. He was later shown to have evolved into a Gallade in A Grand Fight for Winning!.
24. Kirlia made its main series debut in a flashback in Delcatty Got Your Tongue, under the ownership of a Coordinator. It was defeated by Dr. Abby’s Skitty during the Battle Stage of the Grand Festival.
25. A Coordinator’s Kirlia appeared in What I Did for Love!.