Flygon is a dual type Ground and Dragon Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves from Vibrava starting at level 45. It is the final form of Trapinch. Take a look below for 25 awesome and fascinating facts about Flygon.
1. Flygon resembles a slightly insectoid, bipedal dragon.
2. It is primarily light green and has a pair of large rhombus-shaped wings with a red trim, toeless hind legs, and skinny arms with three-clawed hands.
3. Its tail has several dark green stripes and three small green rhombus shapes with red trims at the end.
4. It has large eyes, and a pair of green antennae that point back.
5. The eyes have red covers that prevent sand from getting into its eyes.
6. With its wings, it kicks up sandstorms to hide itself.
7. Its wings make a “singing” sound when they are flapped, earning Flygon the name “The Desert Spirit”.
8. It uses this unique ability to attract prey, stranding them before it attacks.
9. Flygon lives in the desert and works together with Krookodile in searching for food.
10. Flygon shares its categories with Xatu. They are both known as the Mystic Pokémon in English, and the Spirit Pokémon in Japanese.
11. Flygon has the same base Attack stat as its base form, Trapinch.
12. Flygon’s base stats are exactly 30 points greater than those of its pre-evolution.
13. Flygon’s effort value yield of 1 Attack and 2 Speed is unique.
14. According to Ken Sugimori in his interview in the Nintendo Dream magazine, Flygon was intended to get a Mega Evolution in Pokémon X and Y, but the idea was later dropped due to him experiencing an artist’s block.
15. As of Generation VIII, Flygon and its evolutionary relatives are the only Pokémon that are in the Bug and Dragon egg groups.
16. Flygon is based on the winged, adult stage of the antlion. Oftentimes, the adult antlion and dragonfly are confused with one another, and Flygon could draw inspiration from both. In fact, some species of dragonflies are commonly called “sand dragons”, which could account for Vibrava and Flygon’s type combination. In keeping with its Dragon type, it also possesses a dragon-like build and reptilian features such as its arms and tail.
17. Flygon is a combination of fly and dragon. It may also be a partial anagram of dragonfly.
18. Flygon debuted in Jirachi: Wish Maker as one of the residents of Forina, Jirachi’s home. It helped save Jirachi from Butler and then participated in the battle against the fake Groudon. It briefly reappeared in a flashback in the opening sequence of Destiny Deoxys, and also in a montage in The Rise of Darkrai that chronicled the preceding nine movies.
19. A Flygon debuted in Rhapsody in Drew, under the ownership of Drew. It was first seen participating in the Battle Stage of the Hoenn Grand Festival. Flygon reappeared in On Cloud Arcanine, Going for Choke!, and Thinning the Hoard.
20. The Ultra Guardians have a Ride Flygon, which Mallow uses during their missions, as first seen in A Mission of Ultra Urgency!.
21. Flygon made its main series debut in Delcatty Got Your Tongue, where it was used by a Trainer in a battle against Abby’s Skitty. However, it was presented as a black silhouette.
22. A Flygon appeared in Giratina and the Sky Warrior.
23. A Flygon appeared in the opening sequence of Zoroark: Master of Illusions.
24. A Flygon appeared in SS005, where it was among the Pokémon seen in the Wild Area.
25. A Flygon was one of the Pokémon belonging to Norman, who mostly used it for aerial transport. After taking Wally under his wing for the sake of awaking Rayquaza, he gave it to the boy. It first appeared in Talk About Timing, Treecko.