Trapinch is a Ground type Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves into Vibrava starting at level 35, which evolves into Flygon starting at level 45. Take a look below for 26 fun and fascinating facts about Trapinch.
1. Trapinch is an orange, insectoid Pokemon.
2. It has a round body with a white underside and four stumpy legs.
3. It also has a proportionally large head, small black eyes with twinkle-shaped pupils, and a zigzagging mouth.
4. Trapinch’s large jaws are powerful enough to crush boulders.
5. It lives in arid deserts, and it can go a week without water.
6. Instead of actively hunting prey, it digs into the sand to build its bowl- or cone-shaped nests, where it waits for prey to stumble inside and become trapped.
7. The weight of this Pokémon’s large head makes Trapinch move slower but becomes vulnerable after falling or rolling into their backs.
8. Its natural predator is Sandile.
9. Trapinch is the only one in its evolutionary line to have a Hidden Ability.
10. Trapinch has the lowest base Speed stat of all Ground-type Pokémon.
11. Trapinch’s base Attack stat is higher than its evolved form’s and is the same as its final evolved form’s. That may be a reference to the fact that antlion larvae are more aggressive and predatory than their adult stages.
12. It has the highest base Attack stat of all Pokémon that can evolve twice.
13. Evolving a Trapinch in Pokémon GO will result in the CP going down upon evolution.
14. As of Generation VIII, Trapinch and its evolutionary relatives are the only Pokémon that are in the Bug and Dragon egg groups.
15. Trapinch is based on the larval stage of the antlion, which live in conical sandy pits before maturing into winged adults.
16. Trapinch is a combination of trap (describing traps it uses to catch prey) and pinch (referring to its powerful jaws).
17. Multiple Trapinch debuted in Beg, Burrow and Steal. They had dug a complex underground labyrinth containing a lake, which Hal wanted to find after he previously came across it when he was young. When Hal, Ash, his friends, Elisa, and Team Rocket got lost in the labyrinth, they eventually found the underground lake.
18. A Trapinch appeared in Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! (Part 2). Solana used her Capture Styler on it and had it use Rock Tomb to trap J’s client’s henchmen’s Pokémon that were attacking Dawn, Brock, and Officer Jenny’s Pokémon.
19. A Trapinch appeared in A Rivalry to Gible On! as a resident of Mt. Shady. It used its Arena Trap to capture Ash while he and Khoury were trying to catch a Gible.
20. A Coordinator’s Trapinch appeared in Mean With Envy.
21. A Trapinch made a cameo in a visualization in Hi Ho Silver Wind!.
22. A Coordinator’s Trapinch appeared in Deceit and Assist.
23. A Trapinch made a cameo in Numero Uno Articuno, under the ownership of Noland. It was among the Pokémon residing at the Battle Factory.
24. A Coordinator’s Trapinch appeared in The Saffron Con.
25. A Trapinch appeared in All Dressed Up with Somewhere To Go!. It was dressed up as a Turtwig.
26. A Trainer’s Trapinch appeared in A Shocking Grocery Run!.