Kangaskhan is a Normal type Pokemon introduced in Generation I. While it is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokemon, it can Mega Evolve into Mega Kangaskhan using the Kangaskhanite. Take a look below for 25 amazing and interesting facts about Kangaskhan.
1. Kangaskhan is a large, bipedal Pokemon that vaguely resembles a kangaroo.
2. It has a brown hide with several raised patches and a cream-colored belly.
3. It has large, cream-colored ears, narrow, red eyes, and a short, rounded snout with two fangs in the back of its upper jaw.
4. On top of its head is a thick, black plate.
5. There are epaulette-like growths over its shoulders and a row of spikes down its back.
6. It has three clawed digits on each hand and foot and a thick tail.
7. On is belly is a pouch that contains a baby Kangaskhan.
8. Unlike its parent, the baby is light purple and has smooth skin.
9. Kangaskhan is a female-only species with no male counterpart.
10. As Mega Kangaskhan, the mother Kangaskhan appears unchanged. However, the baby temporarily grows and gains some new features.
11. There are now raised patches on its knees similar to those seen on its mother.
12. These patches also appear aligned horizontally along its waist with a larger patch on its belly.
13. Small, spiked growths appear underneath its ears.
14. The child is feisty, hates to lose and will boldly challenge its opponents to protect its mother.
15. The mother’s happiness over its child’s growth is the source of its additional strength. However, it feels uneasy about the child’s future, as it is only skilled at fighting and nothing else.
16. It is also saddened by the reminder that its child will one day leave.
17. Kangaskhan is a nurturing Pokémon that protects its young at all costs.
18. The baby leaves the pouch only rarely until it is three years old.
19. In order to avoid crushing the baby, Kangaskhan sleeps standing up.
20. If the mother feels the environment is safe, it will allow its young out to play. However, it will violently attack anything that it sees as a threat to its young.
21. Regardless of how badly injured it becomes, the mother will not cease fighting until its young is safe.
22. Although it was nearly hunted to extinction, Kangaskhan can be found in savannahs and other grasslands.
23. In the past, Dizzy Punch was its signature move.
24. Kangaskhan is based on a kangaroo with elements of Mongolian laminar armor, evident in its helmet-like plate with ear flaps and its epaulets.
25. It may also be based on a tree-kangaroo given its stockier build, wider face, and larger nails in comparison to a terrestrial kangaroo.