Horsea is a Water type Pokemon introduced in Generation I. It evolves into Seadra starting at level 32, which evolves into Kingdra when traded holding a Dragon Scale. Take a look below for 24 awesome and fascinating facts about Horsea.
1. Horsea is a light blue, seahorse like Pokemon.
2. It has red eyes, a long, tubular mouth, and three spike-like fins on either side of its head.
3. Its ridged belly and single dorsal fin are cream-colored.
4. Highly adept in the water, it uses its dorsal fin to swim in any direction while facing forward.
5. It has tightly curled tail that it can use as both a balance and an anchor when caught in a strong current.
6. In safer environments, it uses its tail to play with other members of its species.
7. Horsea feeds on insects and moss gathered from rocks.
8. If Horsea senses danger, it sprays water or dense black ink from its mouth at its attacker.
9. It can shoot more precisely at insects flying above the surface of the water.
10. Horsea nests in coral reefs and islands throughout the ocean.
11. Many Eggs are laid every year, and the young are raised by the male Horsea rather than the female.
12. Horsea and its evolutions share their category with Dratini, its evolutions, Salamence, and Goodra. They are all known as the Dragon Pokémon.
13. Horsea’s art work from Pokémon Red and Blue depicted it with two fins instead of one. This two finned design was referenced in Alola, Kanto!
14. Horsea is based on a seahorse, though its ability to shoot ink resembles that of a squid.
15. Its species name might be a reference to leafy seadragons, or seahorses turning into dragons after a century in Japanese mythology.
16. Horsea is derived from seahorse with reversed syllables, and a corruption of the diminutive horsie.
17. Horsea debuted in Tentacool and Tentacruel, where Misty caught it after it aided her in stopping a rampaging giant Tentacruel. In The Misty Mermaid, she left it at the Cerulean Gym for her sisters.
18. A Horsea appeared in a fantasy in the banned episode EP035.
19. Multiple Horsea appeared in Showdown at the Po-ké Corral, where they were among the Pokémon living at Professor Oak’s Laboratory.
20. A Horsea appeared in Pikachu’s Vacation as one of the Pokémon seen at the Pokémon Theme Park.
21. A Horsea appeared in Misty’s fantasy in Bye Bye Psyduck.
22. Multiple Horsea appeared in The Power of One.
23. A Horsea appeared in a fantasy in The Totodile Duel.
24. A Horsea appeared in Snorlax Snowman.