Trubbish is a Poison type Pokemon introduced in Generation V. It evolves into Garbodor starting at level 36. Take a look below for 24 interesting and fun facts about Trubbish.
1. Trubbish resembles a full, dark green garbage bag with a knot at the top that acts like ears.
2. Trubbish has oval-shaped eyes and large triangular teeth that resemble broken glass.
3. Its arms that look like trash spilling out of small tears in the bag with pink and blue objects protruding out of them.
4. Its feet are dark green and stubby.
5. This Pokémon was created when a mixture of domestic and industrial waste underwent a chemical reaction of some sort.
6. Trubbish emits noxious, burp-like gases which, when inhaled, will render the victim bedridden for a week.
7. This gas can also prove fatal when inhaled by young Pokémon and children.
8. As evidenced in the anime, Trubbish’s ear-like tufts stand straight up when startled, are lifted if happy, and lowered if it is feeling down.
9. Furthermore, in the same episode, it is also explained that once Trubbish befriends a person, it will cease expelling foul odors.
10. It prefers unsanitary places, such as garbage dumps, where it finds trash and other rotten stuff such as moldy apples for food.
12. Galarian Weezing feed on the fumes produced by Trubbish.
13. Trubbish was revealed internationally in the opening for Pokémon: Black & White.
14. Trubbish shares similar traits to Grimer and Koffing. All three Pokémon are pure Poison-type Pokémon with a single evolved form, roughly the same base stat totals and evolution levels, and appear to be based on a different kind of pollution; Trubbish being land pollution.
15. Physically, Trubbish is modeled after a plastic bag stuffed with garbage, its tied-off top somewhat resembling long, rabbit-like ears.
16. This may draw from the fact that in both English and Japanese slang, a clump of lint and dirt can be called a “dust bunny”.
17. This is further evidenced by how the name of its evolved form is derived from “dust” as well.
18. Trubbish is a combination of trash and rubbish.
19. Trubbish debuted in Here Comes the Trubbish Squad!, where a bunch of kindergartners befriended it. However, their kindergarten teacher, Daniela, thought it would spread an awful stench through the school. In the end, Trubbish saved the kindergartners’ lives, and it was subsequently adopted by them and Daniela after finding out that Trubbish’s stench fades when it is with people it trusts. It reappeared in a flashback in Explorers of the Hero’s Ruin!.
20. Four Trubbish appeared in Lost at the League! alongside a Garbodor. They became angry when Ash’s Oshawott ate from a box of apples, not knowing that it belonged to them.
21. A Trubbish appeared in a flashback in A Trip Down Memory Train!, where it was among the group of Pokémon that befriended Clemont’s Bunnelby when it was still a wild Pokémon.
22. A Trubbish appeared in White—Victini and Zekrom and Black—Victini and Reshiram.
23. A Trubbish appeared in a fantasy in Clash of the Connoisseurs!.
24. A Trubbish appeared in Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice during the Swords of Justice legend.