Adrianne Lee Palicki, born May 6, 1983, is an American actress best known for her roles as Tyra Collette on the NBC series Friday Night Lights and as Barbara “Bobbi” Morse on the ABC series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Take a look below for 24 more interesting and awesome facts about Adrianne Palicki.
1. She has played supporting roles in the movies Legion, Red Dawn, G.I. Joe: Retaliation and John Wick.
2. She’s currently starring as Commander Kelly Grayson in the Fox television show The Orville.
3. Palicki was born in Toledo, Ohio, the daughter of Nancy Lee and Jeffrey Arthur Palicki.
4. She has an elder brother, Eric, who’s a comic book writer who influenced her interest in comics.
5. Palicki worked at Togo’s as a sandwich maker when she first got to Los Angeles.
6. She was a runner-up for homecoming queen at Whitmer High School.
7. She has a tattoo of her parents’ names, Jeff and Nancy, on her arm.
8. Her paternal grandfather, Arthur Palicki, was of Polish descent, and her paternal grandmother, Margaret Hunyon, was of Hungarian ancestry. Adrianne’s mother is of English and German descent.
9. She has celiac disease.
10. In September 2014, her representative confirmed that she was engaged to stuntman Jackson Spidell, whom she met on the set of John Wick. However, Palicki called off the engagement in 2015.
11. She was a series regular on the first three seasons of NBC’s drama series Friday Night Lights from 2006 to 2009, portraying Tyra Collette.
12. In early 2011, Palicki returned for the final two episodes of Friday Night Lights.
13. In 2003, Palicki appeared as Judy Robinson in John Woo’s unsold pilot, The Robinsons: Lost in Space.
14. In 2006, she appeared in The WB pilot Aquaman as the evil Nadia. The pilot wasn’t picked up for series by the CW network, which was a result of The WB and UPN network merger, which occurred while the pilot was being filmed.
15. She appeared as Kara in the season 3 finale of Smallville.
16. Palicki appeared in Supernatural as Jessica Moore, Sam Winchester’s doomed girlfriend who’s killed by a demon in its pilot episode.
17. She made an appearance in the will.i.am music video “We Are the Ones” in support of 2008 presidential hopeful Barack Obama.
18. In 2010, Palicki joined the FOX television drama Lone Star, which was cancelled after two episodes, despite good reviews.
19. In 2011, Palicki portrayed Wonder Woman in a 2011 pilot produced by David E. Kelley for NBC. The Pilot wasn’t picked up as a series.
20. She played the recurring role of Dr. Samantha Lake in season one of the sitcom About a Boy in 2014, reuniting with Friday Night Lights showrunner Jason Katims.
21. In August 2014, Palicki joined Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in a recurring role as Barbara “Bobbi” Morse. She became one of the principal cast after the midseason break of season 2, continuing until her character was written out of the series near the end of season 3.
22. ABC ordered a pilot episode for a spin-off, Marvel’s Most Wanted, featuring her character in the lead role, but they didn’t develop it as a series.
23. In July 2016, Palicki was cast as Kelly Grayson in The Orville, a science fiction comedy-drama series created by Seth MacFarlane, who also stars in it as Captain Mercer, her character’s ex-husband.
24. In 2016, Palicki and her brother collaborated on writing their first comic book, titled No Angel, published by Black Mask Studios.