Kingler is a Water type Pokemon introduced in Generation I. It evolves from Krabby starting at level 28. It also has a Gigantamax form. Take a look below for 24 fun and interesting facts about Kingler.
1. Kingler is a crustacean Pokemon resembling a crab.
2. Its strong shell covers the outside of its body, featuring a red upper half and a light tan lower half.
3. Its upper half is topped with six tall, thin spikes that resemble a crown.
4. Its light tan arms are also connected to its upper body.
5. Its lower half doubles as its jaw with six fangs overlapping its upper body.
6. Its two outer fangs are much larger than the inner four and are roughly half as tall as Kingler’s entire body.
7. Its hips visibly protrude from its lower body and connect to its four long, thin legs.
8. Each leg has a single, claw-like foot.
9. Kingler’s main feature is its red pincers.
10. Its left claw is roughly twice as large as the other and hard as steel.
11. Kingler is often found on the edges of water, usually the ocean.
13. While Kingler’s large, left claw is its main tool for offensive maneuvers, it is so large and heavy that Kingler can barely lift it.
14. It causes balancing problems and Kingler may quickly become fatigued from continuous use. However, it has been shown to communicate with other Kingler by waving its pincers around.
15. In the past, Crabhammer was its signature move.
16. Gigantamax Kingler is the only known Pokémon capable of using the exclusive G-Max Move G-Max Foam Burst.
17. Kingler shares its category name with Scizor. They are both known as the Pincer Pokémon, though Scizor was originally called the Scissors Pokémon.
18. Kingler is very similar to a fiddler crab or a terrestrial crab of the genus Cardisoma, which usually have one claw larger than the other. Conceptually, it is likely based on a king crab.
19. Kingler may be a combination of king and fiddler, both of which are species of crab. It may also be a combination of “king” and “angler”.
20. Ash’s Krabby evolved into a Kingler in Round One – Begin!, during Ash’s first-round battle in the Indigo Plateau Conference.
21. A Kingler appeared in The Battle of the Badge, under the ownership of Giovanni. He used it in his Gym battle against Gary’s Arcanine. Despite the type disadvantage, Kingler was defeated. He later loaned it to Jessie, James, and Meowth when he put them in charge of the Viridian Gym. Kingler managed to keep Ash’s Bulbasaur at bay, but it was driven off by Pikachu. Another Kingler was seen being held in a cage.
22. A Kingler appeared in Expedition to Onix Island! as a resident of a deserted island. It got into trouble with Oshawott and Piplup.
23. Kingler debuted in Showdown at Dark City as one of the Kaz Gym’s Pokémon.
24. A Kingler appeared in Princess vs. Princess, where it was competing in the Queen of the Princess Festival.