Clamperl is a Water type Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves into Huntail when traded holding a Deep Sea Tooth or into Gorebyss when traded holding a Deep Sea Scale. Take a look below for 24 awesome and fascinating facts about Clamperl.
1. Clamperl is an aquatic Pokemon that makes its home on the seafloor.
2. Its bivalve shell is dark blue with a silver rim along the inner edges.
3. The shell is used to clamp down on prey, as well as for protection.
4. A fully-grown shell will have nicks and scratches all over.
5. Inside of the shell is a fragile, light blue body composed of six spherical extensions with a pink, pearl-like head in the center, usually depicted with its eyes closed.
6. There is a circular white patch on each cheek.
7. The pearls produced by this Pokémon amplify psychic power, and may be blue as seen in the anime.
8. These pearls are also 10 times more valuable than pearls produced by Shellder.
9. It is carnivorous, clamping down on prey without letting go until it stops moving.
10. When it is close to evolution, Clamperl will become too big to fit inside its shell.
11. Clamperl is the only Pokémon that gains extra effects by holding a Deep Sea Tooth or Deep Sea Scale.
12. Clamperl shares its category with Shellder and Cloyster. They are all known as the Bivalve Pokémon.
13. Clamperl is the only Pokémon that evolves by trade holding one of two different items.
14. Clamperl is possibly based on an oyster or a giant clam. Clamperl’s appearance and its evolved forms suggest that it could also be based on roe, the eggs of fish and other marine animals.
15. Clamperl is a combination of clamp or clam and pearl.
16. Clamperl debuted in Clamperl of Wisdom as a resident of Maisie Island. Spoink lost its pearl and took a blue pearl that was created by a Clamperl from Isaiah’s lab, thus causing conflict with the Bivalve Pokémon. Team Rocket also wanted to get their hands on the blue pearl.
17. Two Clamperl appeared in The Evolutionary War!, under the ownership of Nancy and Keith. It was revealed that Trainers who live on the A-B-C Islands have a rivalry over which of Clamperl’s evolved forms was stronger.
18. A Trainer’s Clamperl appeared in Saved by the Beldum, where it was among the Pokémon seen during the Ever Grande Conference.
19. A Clamperl appeared in the opening sequence of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.
20. A Coordinator’s Clamperl appeared in New Plot, Odd Lot!, where it was seen participating in the Performance Stage of the Mulberry Contest.
21. A Clamperl appeared in Meloetta’s Moonlight Serenade as one of the Pokémon watching Meloetta’s concert.
22. Multiple Clamperl appeared in Going for the Gold!, where they were among the Pokémon seen in the Ambrette Aquarium.
23. A wild Clamperl appeared in The Cavern, where it was seen in the waters that surrounded the Mossdeep Space Center.
24. Clamperl made a minor appearance as a member of Wallace’s party during his ascent to Champion in The Beginning of the End with Kyogre & Groudon XIII. Little is known about it, not even its gender or nickname.